Remy goes in for his neutering this morning...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Prayers for baby Remy, you can't pick him up until tomorrow? :(

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
update part two: I just called MSU because I still hadn't gotten a phone call from them. I had to wait to Dr. Hautman (scary, I thought it was going to be dreadful news). Instead, he said that Remy was doing great, they were just getting ready to anesthesize him as they were taking things really slow with him because of his heart condition. He wanted to speak to me because he wanted to make sure that I didn't want to fix the prolapse as well. I gave him my reasons and then he said that MSU had just done a study using a new procedure to fix prolapses and though he said it doesn't fix 100% of the cases, it did fix 2/3 of the dogs they performed it on. He also went on to say that adding it to Remy's castration would only add $100 to the cost. His castration is $140 so to fix both would be $240 and thanks for all the generous donations that came in for Remy's chip in, I had $255 and change to cover the costs. If I waited to fix it separately at a later time, then it would cost at least $700 to fix.

So it's because of the generosity of my EBN family that Remy is not only losing his boys (or beans as I like to call them), but he's also going to get his prolapse fixed. I love you all for being here to help my little Remy. Again, he doesn't belong to just me but to you all as well.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
update part two: I just called MSU because I still hadn't gotten a phone call from them. I had to wait to Dr. Hautman (scary, I thought it was going to be dreadful news). Instead, he said that Remy was doing great, they were just getting ready to anesthesize him as they were taking things really slow with him because of his heart condition. He wanted to speak to me because he wanted to make sure that I didn't want to fix the prolapse as well. I gave him my reasons and then he said that MSU had just done a study using a new procedure to fix prolapses and though he said it doesn't fix 100% of the cases, it did fix 2/3 of the dogs they performed it on. He also went on to say that adding it to Remy's castration would only add $100 to the cost. His castration is $140 so to fix both would be $240 and thanks for all the generous donations that came in for Remy's chip in, I had $255 and change to cover the costs. If I waited to fix it separately at a later time, then it would cost at least $700 to fix.

So it's because of the generosity of my EBN family that Remy is not only losing his boys (or beans as I like to call them), but he's also going to get his prolapse fixed. I love you all for being here to help my little Remy. Again, he doesn't belong to just me but to you all as well.

Thats great! Glad he is doing well! Are they cutting part of the prolpase and putting sutures in? Thats what Brutus had...Prayers and postiive thoughts BTW I am stalking this thread :hug: I cant belive what a difference in price from state to state ...Wow we paid 3200 for the same surgery!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Great news! Remy is going to be all fixed:D Keep us posted!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Yes, that is very good news indeed!! to get the neuter and the prolapse fixed at once gives me great confidence that Remy will be just fine and there will be no more bleeding. I'm so glad and have been thinking of little Remy and sending him prayers for a successful surgery and recovery!

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thats great! Glad he is doing well! Are they cutting part of the prolpase and putting sutures in? Thats what Brutus had...Prayers and postiive thoughts BTW I am stalking this thread :hug: I cant belive what a difference in price from state to state ...Wow we paid 3200 for the same surgery!

the price difference could be because MSU is a teaching hospital and they are the ones who developed the procedure and do the study. I don't know if where Brutus had his done was a university teaching hospital or just your vet's office.

I'm sure a lot of people (especially [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]) is stalking this thread too!!! Stalk away, stalk away.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Great news! Go Remy....thinking of you.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
the price difference could be because MSU is a teaching hospital and they are the ones who developed the procedure and do the study. I don't know if where Brutus had his done was a university teaching hospital or just your vet's office.

I'm sure a lot of people (especially @desertskybulldogs) is stalking this thread too!!! Stalk away, stalk away.

Oh okay! We went to Emergency Hospital and has specilist do it! That explains it! Well good luck with everything! Remy is in great hands :hug: :hug:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is great news, glad you called! I can only stalk on my iPod today because my computer seems to be on the fritz!!! :(

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
well, I'm anxiously awaiting the phone call to say the procedures done!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Hugs, I know how hard this waiting is. Hope that fixes his prolapse too, would be wonderful.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I'm stalking this from work and if people would stay out of my office and stop asking me questions I could stalk harder!

Most Reactions