Problems doesnt stop

OP
Deniztokcan

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver British Columbia
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
Rim reading dogaware alittelbit checking it out ... Trying to find what can i feed him cooked food , how much carbs he will need etc does are hard things to find

OP
Deniztokcan

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
Savemejeebus ur so right my other friend recommended a korean vet so i was asking him about nutrition and he didnt satisfy me enough lets see how dr berk will do :)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Rim reading dogaware alittelbit checking it out ... Trying to find what can i feed him cooked food , how much carbs he will need etc does are hard things to find

I've read back through this thread a couple of times now and the first thing that sticks out in my head is all the changes in so short a time. I understand that you are worried about Cappu and you need to do what's best for him but you have to slow down a little bit. Nothing that you are doing, or will do in the future will have immediate results. So relax a little ok? :)

If he is doing great on chicken and rice then keep him on chicken and rice. There is no law that says you have to feed him kibble. I'll admit it's MUCH easier to just measure out a cup and dump it in a bowl but cooking for him yourself doesn't take much time either.

at 10 pounds his diet should be 28% protein, 17% fat. Chicken is low fat so you will need to add either chicken fat or unsalted butter to his rice. Try this recipe:

1/4 pound (1/2 cup) regular fat ground beef, chicken, turkey or pork
2 3/4 cups cooked brown rice
2 large eggs
1/4 cup cooked, diced carrots
2 Tablespoons Safflower Oil or any 3-6-9 oil blend
2 Tablespoons fresh diced parsley
1/2 clove minced Garlic
You can either serve this raw or bake in the over for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. If you're going to serve it raw you can mix all of the other ingredients and add the raw meat right before you feed him. You don't want to mix it all together and serve the raw meat when it's old and exposed to air for too long.

This is enough to feed a 10 pound dog twice a day for 4 days and will meet all of his nutritional needs. Since he is only 4 months old, I would feed him 3 times a day. His system has been through hell lately, what you never want to do it let his digestive juices have nothing to do. 3 small meals a day plus a snack at bedtime should stop the throwing up. I normally give yogurt or cottage cheese as a bedtime snack but you aren't sure if he is allergic to dairy. Maybe a couple vanilla wafers will make him happy.

If you plan to homecook for him you will have to add a multivitamin. You can buy Centrum for kids or individual supplements. Make sure whatever vitamins you give him include beta carotene. The body converts beta carotene into usable vitamin A so do not add other A supplements. To boost his immune system, and I really think you should, add a coQ10 supplement. You can safely give him 2mg per pound twice a day. Just drop the pill into his food, he will eat it and not even realize it (much better than shoving it down his throat) He should also get vitamin C but in food rather than a pill. Does he eat oranges? You can give him a couple of orange slices as a treat.

I hope this helps. I'm with everyone else on the new vet idea. Even if for no other reason than a second opinion. Do you have a holistic vet near you? They're a little more expensive than regular vets but worth it if you can find one.

OP
Deniztokcan

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
Wow excelent advice [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] i was giving him way top much protein :) though it was good for him too as my diet is like that , im gona get the butter and the rest that you listed , btw dont u think oranges are too sweet ?? Like too much sugar in it ? Everyday couple slices would be ok ? Im a need to get supplements too , one more thing how about white rice ? I got brown too but i saw pieces of brown rice on his poop couple of weeks before

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
I'm late on this thread and I don't have advice that hasn't already been given. I agree with everyone. Bland diet, BE PATIENT, and definitely switch vets! I would also get on the web and review that vet on google or yelp. Share your bad experience so others can avoid him too. I hope your baby feels better! Try to eliminate any stress for him too, that aggravates the belly.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow excelent advice @Twice i was giving him way top much protein :) though it was good for him too as my diet is like that , im gona get the butter and the rest that you listed , btw dont u think oranges are too sweet ?? Like too much sugar in it ? Everyday couple slices would be ok ? Im a need to get supplements too , one more thing how about white rice ? I got brown too but i saw pieces of brown rice on his poop couple of weeks before

based on the info Abby's nutritionists gave me, white is more processed than brown which means it has lost some of its fiber, vitamin and mineral content. Brown rice, as a whole grain, is easier on the digestive system and doesn't raise blood sugar levels as fast. Use what you have, either are fine for Cappu's needs. Again, I'm not a doctor, but if you are finding rice in his stool, it probably means that he isn't digesting all that you are giving him so cut back on the amount he gets. You could also try overcooking it for a little while too.

As for the oranges, they are fine as long as he eats them. 2 or 3 slices a day will be good for him. If he doesn't eat the orange you can try other fruit high in vitamin C like strawberries, cantaloupe or watermelon.

OP
Deniztokcan

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
Yesterday i gave him abit of unsalted butter minced garlic parley 2 baby carrots rice and a bit of chicken omega 3 and crushed half vitamin , today
Im gona feed him with alittlebit of short rib beef rice and other things , he didnt eat the navel oranges im gona get him regular oranges maybe he will like it better , i understand that it takes time to react on foods but as soon as i cut kibbles the spots goes away this morning ive checked its already gone halfway , i dont understand how can it change so quick but i will def keep him on this recipe for awile

OP
Deniztokcan

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] i wanted to thank you again for the wonderull information , i might have to take out the eggs and try somethng else cuz his poop turned out alittelbit juicy :) but he looks extremly jappy with the. Butter carrots an so on , safflor oil im not quite sure what is it would omega 3 be ok ? And coq 10 os crucial ?

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
@Twice i wanted to thank you again for the wonderull information , i might have to take out the eggs and try somethng else cuz his poop turned out alittelbit juicy :) but he looks extremly jappy with the. Butter carrots an so on , safflor oil im not quite sure what is it would omega 3 be ok ? And coq 10 os crucial ?

It's perfectly OK to switch out protein sources, it's possible that he is allergic to eggs. We don't know so try something else :) I'm glad he likes buttered carrots but try to stick to a tablespoon of butter a day because the last thing you want to do is irritate his pancreas with too much fat.

In my "not a doctor but extremely well studied" opinion, coQ 10 is vital for boosting and maintaining a healthy immune system.

OP
Deniztokcan

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
@ Twice hi everything is going very well , i was going to ask may i switch the carbs as well , like sweet potatoe , brown bread , how about broccolis and other fruits ?

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
@ Twice hi everything is going very well , i was going to ask may i switch the carbs as well , like sweet potatoe , brown bread , how about broccolis and other fruits ?

I'm glad he is doing well. How are you doing with the cooking? It's not that hard right?

You can substitute sweet potatoes for white potatoes (only occasionally), you can also do rice, pasta, farina (cream of wheat), quinoa or cous cous. You can give him bread. I make Abby french toast when she isn't feeling well, she loves it. Any fruit except grapes or raisins. Any vegetable but onion.

He's young and healthy. You don't have to worry about exact amounts of carbs. As long as you have the protein/fat percentage, the rest is just filler.

OP
Deniztokcan

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
Cooking not hard at all , im cooking my self 6 meal a day why not 3 meals for my love ... :)) , when he eats it i just feel so happy that i can cook for him all day , wow pasta , bread does sounds very good i am gona try some new things in couple of days ... I got the coq 10 its in pill form so i make him swallow it . I hope he appreciates the good cooked food for him :) he gets pretty nuts when he knows im doin his food , actually he gets crazy when i enter the kitchen :)))

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Watch the carbs as they create yeast,even small amounts of carbs soon build up in a dogs system as dogs are not built to convert them ,I don't want to sound like I'm putting your dogs diet down but you may be opening another can of worms,yes he's loving the food what dog wouldn't but if he gets yeast overgrowth then he may not want to eat dog appropriate food!karen

OP
Deniztokcan

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
@karren What Kind of carbs should i use then ? Isnt there nyone feeding their dogs home cooked food ? Kibbels just aint good for him what can i do ? Now im afraid him having yeast btw @ twice u said 17 percent protein and 17 fat how much gram is that

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.