Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh I think there is some home cooked recipes in the recipe forum too. Did you check that forum out yet? [MENTION=5029]Deniztokcan[/MENTION]

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
You can google dogaware and find tons of good information on nutrition and dog health.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I just found an other one it def started after fromm , i want to feed him with real nutrition please twice i need information to feed my bully , like the combination pf chicken and rice. What should be the amouny ? How about tilapia fish and cod ? Veggies etc tomorow im a cut the kibbelz i dont wana make it worse

How much does he weigh now? I need to know so I can figure out how much of what he needs

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
[MENTION=5029]Deniztokcan[/MENTION] I would probably get him allergy tested, you can do the hair analysis, there is no minimum age for that test.. that way you can feed him the food that does not contain the items he is allergic to.. the hive might be environmental as well.. the had test will give you indication of all allergens he is sensitive to

OP
Deniztokcan

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver British Columbia
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
Acariabas i have called my vet for a recomendation for allergy test , he said i wouldnt recommend doing it as they are allergic to millions of things ! I hang up to phone after getting this reply im tryn to find a place but heard they are around 300 bucks wow at this monent i really dont have that much :(

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Acariabas i have called my vet for a recomendation for allergy test , he said i wouldnt recommend doing it as they are allergic to millions of things ! I hang up to phone after getting this reply im tryn to find a place but heard they are around 300 bucks wow at this monent i really dont have that much :(

First off, you can get the hair analysis MUCH cheaper than that

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14568&p=174388&viewfull=1#post174388

I just sent Abby's sample off. He is running a special this month. It's only 25 pounds within Europe, 30 pounds everywhere else. For me, in US dollars it came to 43.18 for the test.

Give me a few minutes. I'm trying to come up with something for you to try

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
[MENTION=5029]Deniztokcan[/MENTION] - can't recall if you've already mentioned, but where in Canada are you from? Maybe I can try to find a better vet for you.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Did a quick google search and here's what I found:

Dr Zwamborne in Langley

Dr. Douglas or Dr. Barkasy - Newton Animal Hospital in Surrey

Dr. Berkshire - Granville Island Veterinary Hospital (This one received really good reviews from pug, boston terriers and eb owners)

From experience, I've learned to ask and research as much as you can on this site prior to going to the vets. And then when you do see the vet, let them propose the solution to your questions or Cappu's issues. Most likely you would've came across the same suggestion here or something that conflicts with it, that's when you share your input and concerns. You'll pretty much get a feeling if they're knowledgeable enough about bullies once this conversation gets going. Remember to trust your instinct, sometimes I think vets get taught how to milk customers for their money in their schools, similar to mechanics. lol. Just don't be ever afraid to ask questions. :yes:

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.