Problems doesnt stop

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
one more thing.. A lot of bulldogs are allergic to many different things.. you are not alone.. we will find the cause of this.. when he is 6-10 months old, you can also do an allergy test to see what exactly he is allergic to.. that will help you steer away from those ingredients

OP
Deniztokcan

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver British Columbia
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
Ahh my lovely friends thanks so much for the suggestions , ive called my gf an told her to cook him some raw eggs and brown rice , she said let me finish the medicine with the can he gave ... I insist she wouldnt do it errrr looks like papa neeess to go home (she said e eas doing better ) its a pork source im not quite sure of its ingredients :( im kind of angry to the vet

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ahh my lovely friends thanks so much for the suggestions , ive called my gf an told her to cook him some raw eggs and brown rice , she said let me finish the medicine with the can he gave ... I insist she wouldnt do it errrr looks like papa neeess to go home (she said e eas doing better ) its a pork source im not quite sure of its ingredients :( im kind of angry to the vet

Yup! That "special" canned food from the vet is like mystery meat. It's probably better NOT to know...but it for some reason works to settle sick tummies down. But not a good food for your Cappu! I'd be mad at my vet too. Might be time to try a new one. Hang in there...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I agree with everyone else. Bland diet and possibly a second opinion from another vet if things do not improve with that. I sure hope it does, I know you are having such a tough time with it being not there, looks like your gf is doing good at keeping you informed. I think she needs a big hug right now! :hug:

OP
Deniztokcan

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
Indeed :)) his not puking any more i will give fromm beef fritata a try hope they have for pups as soon as i go back , ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340254379.038256.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1340254389.853405.jpg. Vet sent me theese i guess its the blood test and looks not bad i believe , am i right ?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340144186.395449.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340144186.395449.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 35

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Beef frittata is all stage dog food, you can use it for puppies all the way to seniors... it is a great food! I am so glad cappu is doing better!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Oh I love Fromm ... well Brutus does too...Its a great food if your bullie can tolerate it allergy wise..Did the vet explain the blood test results to you? I am not sure how to read that! [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] I know you are good with reading these type of things. Hope things get better for you and Cappu!

OP
Deniztokcan

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
May i ask for a good quality sensitive tummy food as i think he is allergic to many things is there any type of hypoalergic type of the rand fromm , i think beef fritata might e abit heavy one him

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Be sure to keep us posted on Cappu. We tend to worry around here. Particularly about sweet puppies with digestive issues...oh, well, actually, we worry about anything "bulldog"..... :yes:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Oh I love Fromm ... well Brutus does too...Its a great food if your bullie can tolerate it allergy wise..Did the vet explain the blood test results to you? I am not sure how to read that! @Twice I know you are good with reading these type of things. Hope things get better for you and Cappu!

@Deniztokcan I'm not a doctor and you should really discuss it with her but high MCHC and RDW *COULD* mean that he is getting too much iron in his diet. Neither are extremely high so it's probably just a side effect of whatever bug has been eating at him. Again, talk to your doctor if you're concerned.

The high platelet count probably just means that he is dehydrated. That makes sense because he's been sick for a while. Everything else is perfect. As long as the numbers fall somewhere in that reference range, it's normal.

I'm really glad he is feeling better. I agree with Lisa, that girlfriend needs a hug (and maybe something shiny ;) )

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
why do you think Beef fromm might be too heavy on him? It's one of the foods most bulldogs on here with other allergy problems have tolerated. You need to try it first.. let him get better and then try going through at least 1-2 bags to see how he does.. if he doesn't tolerate it we can help you find other options..

OP
Deniztokcan

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
He vommit again today :(( ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340344988.543092.jpg. Vet said if he does again call , i really need advice ritght now as the vet wants us to keep giving medicine and that. Canned food , about the raw eggs , i heard it should e given twice a week ? Hows the raw egg gona be ? Not even boil it just put it like that ? Uffff he aint got nothing on his blood nothin in xray

OP
Deniztokcan

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
The moment i get happy that thinking he is revovering something pops up again , will that stop ? What am i doin wrong we both did our best for our boy , im confused what to do what to tell her to do

OP
Deniztokcan

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
I made my gf gave him an egg mixe with that can that vet gave she said the boy was super happy :))) , i ordered fromm beef fritata with a cranberry treat from fromm too hope it will arrive soon and we can slowly switch to it

Most Reactions