Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Problems doesnt stop

Quote Originally Posted by Deniztokcan View Post
    @Twice i wanted to thank you again for the wonderull information , i might have to take out the eggs and try somethng else cuz his poop turned out alittelbit juicy but he looks extremly jappy with the. Butter carrots an so on , safflor oil im not quite sure what is it would omega 3 be ok ? And coq 10 os crucial ?
    It's perfectly OK to switch out protein sources, it's possible that he is allergic to eggs. We don't know so try something else I'm glad he likes buttered carrots but try to stick to a tablespoon of butter a day because the last thing you want to do is irritate his pancreas with too much fat.

In my "not a doctor but extremely well studied" opinion, coQ 10 is vital for boosting and maintaining a healthy immune system.

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Cappu
    Likes (Received)

@ Twice hi everything is going very well , i was going to ask may i switch the carbs as well , like sweet potatoe , brown bread , how about broccolis and other fruits ?

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deniztokcan View Post
    @ Twice hi everything is going very well , i was going to ask may i switch the carbs as well , like sweet potatoe , brown bread , how about broccolis and other fruits ?
    I'm glad he is doing well. How are you doing with the cooking? It's not that hard right?

You can substitute sweet potatoes for white potatoes (only occasionally), you can also do rice, pasta, farina (cream of wheat), quinoa or cous cous. You can give him bread. I make Abby french toast when she isn't feeling well, she loves it. Any fruit except grapes or raisins. Any vegetable but onion.

He's young and healthy. You don't have to worry about exact amounts of carbs. As long as you have the protein/fat percentage, the rest is just filler.

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Cappu
    Likes (Received)

Cooking not hard at all , im cooking my self 6 meal a day why not 3 meals for my love ... ) , when he eats it i just feel so happy that i can cook for him all day , wow pasta , bread does sounds very good i am gona try some new things in couple of days ... I got the coq 10 its in pill form so i make him swallow it . I hope he appreciates the good cooked food for him he gets pretty nuts when he knows im doin his food , actually he gets crazy when i enter the kitchen ))

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

Watch the carbs as they create yeast,even small amounts of carbs soon build up in a dogs system as dogs are not built to convert them ,I don't want to sound like I'm putting your dogs diet down but you may be opening another can of worms,yes he's loving the food what dog wouldn't but if he gets yeast overgrowth then he may not want to eat dog appropriate food!karen

Bulldog(s) Names
    Cappu
    Likes (Received)

@karren What Kind of carbs should i use then ? Isnt there nyone feeding their dogs home cooked food ? Kibbels just aint good for him what can i do ? Now im afraid him having yeast btw @ twice u said 17 percent protein and 17 fat how much gram is that

Bulldog(s) Names
    Cappu
    Likes (Received)

@karenben i researched a bit it says gota be carefyl with sweet carbs , sugar level causes that am i wrong ? , i will meep seeet potatoe once in awile and be consistent with brown rice regular rice regular potatoe and veggiez and abit of protein quarter chiken breast a day

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

Reading this thread it seems clear that you are trying really hard to find food that suits and tho the food you are feeding seems to suit him it's not dog appropriate and I'm just worried that there could be a yeast build up,I'm in no way saying don't feed it we all try and feed what's best for our dogs but a dogs diet needs to be made up of protein ,dogs don't convert carbs it's just a filler ,you really need to find a food with no fillers and stick with it for at least 8 weeks before you can say he's allergic to it ,bulldogs are more prone to skin outbreaks than most breads and are high maintenance in every area,as he's doing fine on chicken you could feed him chicken with bone in it for calcium which is another thing he needs for his bones also you could feed green tripe that way at least he's getting probiotics and the minerals and vitamins he needs until you figure this out,please don't think I'm having a go at you I'm just trying to help you and your dog,but unless you find a dog appropriate food for him then you will continue to have problems in the future,karen

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

They are raw,kibble,barf,home cooked feeders,they are a fantastic source of info and will always let you know what's good and bad,when I had Annie they helped me no end with feeding,as I said I just feel that your bully isn't getting what he needs to grow healthy,only my opinions ,check the site out and ask questions you won't regret it ,karen
    Last edited by bullmama; 07-12-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Cappu
    Likes (Received)

Thank you @karenben i am trying to search more about how to feed him proparly

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I was noticing that on that dog food website you mentioned they dont rate fromm high or avoderm but on here they are rated high.
    just a statement.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

I think people only really talk highly of kibbles that they feed thier dogs,I don't go onto the kibble feeding forum as I raw feed so tend to chat on that,there are an awful lot of rubbish in kibble that's why I raw feed,karen

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Remove Ads