Not sure what could help.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Beef Frittata is a great choice to start with. Remember to transition slowly like Jake said. Gluck and let us know how it goes! :)

OP
Semtex

Semtex

Jun 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert
Great! :D We started with a little in his old food last night and he took to it right away. Thanks! :)

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Gilbert sure is handsome! You've received great advice, best of luck to you.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
how is Gilbert doing?

OP
Semtex

Semtex

Jun 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert
He is going to the vet today. His wrinkles on his eye are still inflamed, but he loves his new food and his stools are a lot more solid even with him on the meds.

KristinMarie

Jul 30, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Hi - You most likely have demodex mange. Rocco has had it when he was just under 1 years old. You should search this website for a few previous posts I've done, and other's have also done in the past. They can be very helpful. My understanding is that bulldogs have weaken immune symptoms for the first 1 to 1.5 years of their life. All dogs carry the mites, but bulldogs seem to get more of the reaction. Rocco did the mitoban dips (not very common these days) - but I've heard the Ivermectin meds also do really well. It might take up to 4-6 weeks for him to fully recover, all hive/allergies to resolve completely and hair to start to grow back. The first spots typically start on the face, so it sounds like this is where it started with Gilbert. It is very good to be aggressive with the treatment. left untreated it can be very bad for your bully. After you get the mange/mites under control - look to change his food to help build his immune system. Lots of great suggestions on this site for how to change food (you do it very slowly over several weeks - not all at once!) and what foods are the best options. Also pro-biotics, and supplements/vitamins are all good ideas for boosting our bully immune systems. Rocco has been mite free for over a year - so I hope this is the one and only time you have to go through this too. Good luck, and feel free to let me know if you need any advice or support!
Kristin (Rocco's mom)

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.