Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cleaning skin folds

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: cleaning skin folds

I have heard from mutiple vets that "breeders use Corn starch" When Abby's pollen allergies start up, that is when we have trouble with folds. I know at times when I go to clean them there are cakey yeasty globs, which if I didn't know better, could be confused for scabs. Anyway I did just purchase a facial scrub from Caroline Pantry, it is for folds and also helps with staining. I am looking forward to trying it.

Always with me

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

We mainly just used baby wipes and mal a ket wipes here and there to do a deep down clean. Have heard the malacetic wipes are good and also stridex pads even for cleaning the wrinkles. My boys arent usually too bad so the baby wipes do the job most the time. As for switching the food, I think it could take up to maybe even a month to know how it will affect your pup, good or bad. Also fish oil is good for them also and there are many diff kinds people give but I just give regular ol fish oil pills that we would take. (The boys think they are a yummy cookie and just eat them as is. lol)

Bulldog(s) Names
    Oscar
    Likes (Received)

We took Oscar to vet this a.m. Came home to find he had been scratching at his ears all night and they were scabbed and bloody. Off to the vet we go...turns out he has some yeast problems in his nose wrinkle and a fungus in his ears, ichy inflamed front paws... most likely has an allergy to the Avoderm Lamb and rice. Well $260 later with 4 meds and an daily ear flush were off to find a Grain free food. Looks like we're gonna try Candiae Grain free salmon.

About the wrinkles and moisture, our vet told us to use Stridex acne pads, being careful to not get it in his eyes. He says it will clean and dry the areas since it is an exstringent. Havent needed Acne pads since I was a teenager...lol

Knuckles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads