Losing fur...any ideas?

Tiffany B

Mar 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rollie and Cash
I use the grizzly salmon oil too. Rollie looks bad! But he doesn't scratch at the places at all. His sides look almost bald.. Poor guy :( he's seemed to have gained some weight too. The vet thought after he was on the meds the weight would come off, but it hasn't

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?pe5qj3

OP
BrunosMum

BrunosMum

Dec 10, 2011
Canada
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno, Mya
I use the grizzly salmon oil too. Rollie looks bad! But he doesn't scratch at the places at all. His sides look almost bald.. Poor guy :( he's seemed to have gained some weight too. The vet thought after he was on the meds the weight would come off, but it hasn't

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?pe5qj3

I thought about giving Bruno salmon oil. I am feeding him Fromm beef which has salmon oil included, so not sure if I need to give him more. Has Rollie been test for thyroid?

Tiffany B

Mar 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rollie and Cash
Yes twice, his was in the negative. The vet called me himself.. Hes takes 1 pill a day for his thyroid.Which scared me. But he's fine, I was just overly worried! Imagine that.. Lol I have tried numerous foods foods, but in my opinion with his thyroid prob, I really can't tell any difference in any of them, that I have tried

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5ebyic

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
My Little Bertie has seasonal alopecia off and on. Last year she got a spot on one side, my vet looked at it and said it was seasonal...a few months later the other side did it....then both sides turned black and leathery. Her hair has since grown back and she looks like she did before. My vet did say I could try Melatonin, but only to do it for a week or two and then stop using it for a couple months. I never did use it. He also said that a lot of the time, it's caused by not enough sunlight...which is more than likely Bertie's problem...she really doesn't like it outside. She goes out does her business and wants right back inside.

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
Mange?
Major is losing patches of hair, went to the vet and they did a skin test. Hes on medicine right now.

OP
BrunosMum

BrunosMum

Dec 10, 2011
Canada
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno, Mya
My Little Bertie has seasonal alopecia off and on. Last year she got a spot on one side, my vet looked at it and said it was seasonal...a few months later the other side did it....then both sides turned black and leathery. Her hair has since grown back and she looks like she did before. My vet did say I could try Melatonin, but only to do it for a week or two and then stop using it for a couple months. I never did use it. He also said that a lot of the time, it's caused by not enough sunlight...which is more than likely Bertie's problem...she really doesn't like it outside. She goes out does her business and wants right back inside.

My vet didn't say only to use it for two weeks. I will have to check into that one. I am trying to spend more time outside with Bruno. Sometimes it just gets too warm for him.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.