Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Is it still bleeding a lot Kim? Ugggggh you would think that MSU would have some emergency slots available for things like this!!!! :angry:

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
He seems to be bleeding more than the other days! I've been keeping him crated and only letting him out when he has to go potty. I did manage to get that slot for the spay cancellation tomorrow morning, so he goes in tomorrow to get neutered. The receptionist that I talked to asked the vet that if going to be doing his surgery if she could put Remy in there and he said it was a neuter in the place of a spay and not a spay in place of a neuter, he could do it.

[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION], how long after ya'll got Finn and Brutus neutered did Finn's prolapse go away and Brutus quit bleeding? I don't want to bring him home and still have his dripping blood all over the place for days and days.

thank you all for your support and believe me I wish there was something I could do for him. His poor little back legs have blood splattered all over them, but I'm not going to clean him up until tomorrow morning.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Well we had both surgeries...nuetuer and prolapse fixed..He bled for almost 3 weeks after which is normal they said! It was very messy I will say! He needs to be very calm after surgery! We acutally left Brutus at the hosptial for 4 days to give him more rest time before coming home and seeing his sister. The cold compress worked great for when he was excited but the blood was hard to control.

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Well we had both surgeries...nuetuer and prolapse fixed..He bled for almost 3 weeks after which is normal they said! It was very messy I will say! He needs to be very calm after surgery! We acutally left Brutus at the hosptial for 4 days to give him more rest time before coming home and seeing his sister. The cold compress worked great for when he was excited but the blood was hard to control.

thanks, I don't think I can leave him at the clinic that long, so he will just have to be crated and kept separated from the other boys. I guess I better stock up on some more carpet shampoo and laundry soap to clean the towels and bedding in his crate. Thanks for the tips and hopefully he'll quit bleeding sooner rather than later.

Since Finn didn't have the prolapse surgery, I'm hoping [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] chimes in soon with her experience with it. You both are awesome!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
After the neuter, Finn did not have any bleeding anymore. He just had to heal from the neuter procedure and that was it. Just needed to stay "calm" and no jumping and running for a couple wks.

I'm glad you are able to get Remy in for his procedure tomorrow! I am thinking of him!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I am trying to upload the murder scene but I cant... I would go with the way @cali~baker did it and not do the prolapse surgery if I could do it all over again. They scared me thinking he would have back to back surgeires if not! He was bleeding bad though so its different. I will continue to pray he heals quick! :hug: to you and Remy :hug:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm glad you got him on for tomorrow!! Seeing all that blood would freak me out!!!

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
he only bleeds a lot of blood if it's been long enough to form a clot, then when he goes pee, he breaks that clot loose and it's horror movie time!!!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Poor Remy :cry: I'm praying the neutering fixes this for him. I'm glad they were able to get him in so quickly.

BTW, cold salt water takes blood stains out of almost anything. So does spit but I don't know how you'd get Remy to spit on the carpet lol

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Oh goodness kim! Poor Remy!! I will be thinking of him! He is such a strong little dude! And.. I am still wanting to see his updated pictures!!

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh goodness kim! Poor Remy!! I will be thinking of him! He is such a strong little dude! And.. I am still wanting to see his updated pictures!!

oops, sorry!!!!! here ya go Ana!!! 006.jpg007.jpg008.jpg009.jpg I also threw a couple in of Oliver and Sebastian!!

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Kim they are absolutely beautiful! Love thr perfect split on Remy's facr! So unique and looks so cool! He is starting to look very mature! The other two are beautiful! Love the reverse brindle.. Is Sebastian black or reverse brindle too?? Why 3 males?? I seriously look up
to you on how u get them
to interact so well!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh thank God you can get him tomorrow! I was so worried! Call me if you feel like a 2hour chat!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.