Remy has a problem...

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
To stop the bleeding and get the lipstick back in just keep cold compress on it for about 2-3 mintues a couple times a day and that will ease the blood flow! Brutus started out with a couple drops for a few days and then it was basically squirting..>Good Luck with everything and we are here! I agree to try neutuer before prolapse surgery! Brutus went through hell and I dont know that I would do it again! I was just so scared iwth the amount of blood he was losing and just optd to do surgery along with neutuer...

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Linus too is an excessive humper but at least his lipstick never came out ... he was just going through the motions!!! :blink:

When he decided that he had to attempt to rape the MALE cat on a regular basis we decided to bring his neuter forward, and hoped that it was stop the humping. NOPE .... neutered and still humps!!! :nonono:

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
To stop the bleeding and get the lipstick back in just keep cold compress on it for about 2-3 mintues a couple times a day and that will ease the blood flow! Brutus started out with a couple drops for a few days and then it was basically squirting..>Good Luck with everything and we are here! I agree to try neutuer before prolapse surgery! Brutus went through hell and I dont know that I would do it again! I was just so scared iwth the amount of blood he was losing and just optd to do surgery along with neutuer...

I called MSU today since I still have a credit with them from Remy's chip in before and they have his neutering scheduled for July 2nd first thing in the morning. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if he can't get it in there sooner if they have a cancellation. I don't want him to have to wait for two weeks and drip blood all over my house.

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
In our case the blood was squirting so bad he had no choice but to have the prolapse surgery and nuetuer at the same time...Vet did say in some cases when the bleeding isnt bad but just a couple drops the nueter may prevent the issue...Not only did we have both surgeries but within 2 weeks he prolapsed again so I dont know tht it was worth the 3 grand we paid :( Let me know if yOU NEED ANYTHING I am here! It was scary to go through this without this site ( I found EBN after we had the surgery)

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
In our case the blood was squirting so bad he had no choice but to have the prolapse surgery and nuetuer at the same time...Vet did say in some cases when the bleeding isnt bad but just a couple drops the nueter may prevent the issue...Not only did we have both surgeries but within 2 weeks he prolapsed again so I dont know tht it was worth the 3 grand we paid :( Let me know if yOU NEED ANYTHING I am here! It was scary to go through this without this site ( I found EBN after we had the surgery)

Remy actually looked like somebody stabbed him today. He had blood all over my deck, so I brought him wiped him off, and put him in the crate. This was the first time it wasn't just a drip, but a stream. I do have to say that when I called to make the appointment, I didn't mention the bleeding and the possible prolapse because I didn't want them to talk me into spending any more money than necessary. But I may have to mention it tomorrow when I call back to see if they can get him in sooner.

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Remy actually looked like somebody stabbed him today. He had blood all over my deck, so I brought him wiped him off, and put him in the crate. This was the first time it wasn't just a drip, but a stream. I do have to say that when I called to make the appointment, I didn't mention the bleeding and the possible prolapse because I didn't want them to talk me into spending any more money than necessary. But I may have to mention it tomorrow when I call back to see if they can get him in sooner.

Oh man! That usually means they may need to fix the prolapse. We had to have emergency surgery b/c there was just so much blood...The prolapse may come back but usually when it does there is no blood drippings(our case) There wasnt a lot of information on it either when I did research a couple months ago...I spoke to someone who paid 1200 for the same surgery that I paid more than double so I guess it depends...I hope everything works out but most likely he will need to have the prolapsed fixed. Let me know how everything goes!

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh man! That usually means they may need to fix the prolapse. We had to have emergency surgery b/c there was just so much blood...The prolapse may come back but usually when it does there is no blood drippings(our case) There wasnt a lot of information on it either when I did research a couple months ago...I spoke to someone who paid 1200 for the same surgery that I paid more than double so I guess it depends...I hope everything works out but most likely he will need to have the prolapsed fixed. Let me know how everything goes!

it was just for about two minutes, and then the bleeding stopped and he hasn't bled since. I have noticed that though that more excited he gets, either by playing with Oliver and Sebastian or playing with toys, the dripping gets going. I also found a spot on the quilt the dogs sleep on on my bed where he had laid all night last night and he'd dripped off and on all night.

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
it was just for about two minutes, and then the bleeding stopped and he hasn't bled since. I have noticed that though that more excited he gets, either by playing with Oliver and Sebastian or playing with toys, the dripping gets going. I also found a spot on the quilt the dogs sleep on on my bed where he had laid all night last night and he'd dripped off and on all night.

Brutus would drip during the day and squirt so much only in the morning when waking up! The day we had surgery his whole belly was soaked in blood and all around his cage! IT was like a murder scene...I posted a ton of threads with pictures about these issues....I optd to do surgery b/c there was so much blood and that was the only fix for it...even though its back the prolapse is only at 1cm instead of originally being 5cm with severe bleeding..See what the vet recommends for him. I pray it can be fixed with nuetuer ...That was our concern what if its not fixed then he has to have another surgery so we decided to just go ahead with both at the same time...I would keep him by himself crated if possible until you can get to the vet..The less he plays and gets excited the less he will bleed ( I Hope) Im here dear I know this is scary but it will all work out! Hugs and bully kisses..I will try to find all myp icture of before and after surgery and what the murder scene looked like

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
his isn't sticking out at all though, it's just bleeding from there. When he does pop his lipstick out, he has a little red ball on the end of it, but the he puts it back inside his sheath. I will look forward to seeing the pictures if you can find them. And when it does come out, he doesn't pop it out for long and he doesn't stick very much of it out.

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus would drip during the day and squirt so much only in the morning when waking up! The day we had surgery his whole belly was soaked in blood and all around his cage! IT was like a murder scene...I posted a ton of threads with pictures about these issues....I optd to do surgery b/c there was so much blood and that was the only fix for it...even though its back the prolapse is only at 1cm instead of originally being 5cm with severe bleeding..See what the vet recommends for him. I pray it can be fixed with nuetuer ...That was our concern what if its not fixed then he has to have another surgery so we decided to just go ahead with both at the same time...I would keep him by himself crated if possible until you can get to the vet..The less he plays and gets excited the less he will bleed ( I Hope) Im here dear I know this is scary but it will all work out! Hugs and bully kisses..I will try to find all myp icture of before and after surgery and what the murder scene looked like

Remy's lipstick doesn't stick out all the time though and when he does pop it out, he just pops the tip out to show the little red ball on the end of it. Most of the time even when he's dripping blood, his lipstick is inside his sheath and the blood just drips out.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Good luck and please keep us informed. Arnold has been real busy lately and I see this could be a problem in his future!! Ikes!!

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Remy's lipstick doesn't stick out all the time though and when he does pop it out, he just pops the tip out to show the little red ball on the end of it. Most of the time even when he's dripping blood, his lipstick is inside his sheath and the blood just drips out.

Brutus never had his lipstick out either! It would just squirt out and the morning he had surgery it was just bad 3 towels bad! Usually it wasnt out when blood ws dripping...He would have it out during his humping episode that he would do so ruff to anything and i mean anything :bang: Have you tried the cold compress and laying him on his back for a little (Yea I know thats the hard part)

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
He doesn't stay still long enough for me too!!! :cursing: He's sleeping on the floor next to Oliver right now, so maybe I'll try to hold one against him. Wish me luck.

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
He doesn't stay still long enough for me too!!! :cursing: He's sleeping on the floor next to Oliver right now, so maybe I'll try to hold one against him. Wish me luck.

:lol: It took me a while to get him to lay for that..It helps basically stop the blood flow and excitement (for better words) in that area....They said the surgery is very invasive and not always a fix b/c its a vacularized area and its very hard to heal without reoccurance.

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I called MSU this morning to see if they could fit him in any sooner or had any cancellations, and the woman on the phone said someone had called 20 minutes prior to cancel a spay for tomorrow but that she couldn't fit Remy in that spot since it was for a spay. Wouldn't you think that it wouldn't make a difference? I would, but oh well. I then tried to call his regular vet, Dr. Bauer, to see if she could do it and I could pay her later, but she's not in until tomorrow at 12. Poor baby, just gonna have to wait, I guess.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.