Remy has a problem...

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
today, during my daughter's graduation open house I noticed that Oliver had some blood on his back by his hiney. Then I noticed that Remy had some blood on the inside of his back legs down by his feet. On further inspection I noticed that he has blood coming from his urethra in his boy part. I took a baby wipe to clean it up and see if maybe there was a tooth mark from the other two biting on him. Remy has been aggressively humping Oliver for the past couple of weeks and Oliver is starting to fight back. It's not much but it's bright red when I wipe it on a baby wipe. I know someone on here had the same problem with one of their dogs before. Any suggestions?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hey Brutus had a prolapsed urethra from humping too hard! It was like a red ball on the tip of his pee and he was bleeding pretty bad ! I haave a pic I will post

Cant get it to post! Is it still bleeding? Is there a red looking ball on the tip of his pee pee

Last edited:
OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I can't really see the tip, he just has a little blood coming from the hole. I don't think it's dripping or anything, more like just kind of oozing out occassionally. I'll keep an eye on it and if you could get the picture to post that would be great.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh my poor Remy!! If you could lay him down or have someone hold him up into a humping position and pull back the fur blanket so you can reveal his lipstick (trying to be not so gross about this) to see if maybe he cut it or injured it during one of his humping incidents? When they are doing the humping it would be very easy to hit a blood vessel.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
The only thing that I know about bleeding down there is that if it's bright red it's close to the exit. The darker the color, the higher up the bleed if that makes sense.

I hate to think of Oliver biting him but I really hope that it's just Oliver bit him and not something more serious.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Hope Remy is ok...please keep us posted.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
This happened to Finn before he was neutered. Bright red blood coming out of the tip of his penis. The vet said it was a prolapsed urethra which is common in EBs. She said neutering usually takes care of this problem. Since Finn got neutered ,there haven't been anymore problems down there.

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I checked him again while he was laying down. No more blood, but didn't pull back the fur covering (hadn't seen Lisa's suggestion at that time). I don't think he got bit down there because there are no scratches or wounds on the outside anyway. Right now he's sleeping peacefully on my bed next to his brothers, but I'll check on it again in the morning and this time try to get the fur pulled back so I can see if there is something there.

Remy, Oliver and Sebastian are getting neutered next month and he really needs to stop trying to hump Oliver. I'm more afraid that one of these times he's actually going to get lucky and poor Oliver will no longer be a virgin!!! Sometimes it looks as if he's really close.

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
This happened to Finn before he was neutered. Bright red blood coming out of the tip of his penis. The vet said it was a prolapsed urethra which is common in EBs. She said neutering usually takes care of this problem. Since Finn got neutered ,there haven't been anymore problems down there.

Brutus had this and had to have the surgery to fix it $3,000 later and almost 2 weeks later he prolapsed again...No surgery required again as its not needed b.c he no longer bleeds. I wonder if we never needed the surgery? He was bleeding profusely so maybe it was different...Was Finn bleeding a lot?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Brutus had this and had to have the surgery to fix it $3,000 later and almost 2 weeks later he prolapsed again...No surgery required again as its not needed b.c he no longer bleeds. I wonder if we never needed the surgery? He was bleeding profusely so maybe it was different...Was Finn bleeding a lot?

I remember Finn would be walking around the house and there would be bright red blood droplets and even clots on the floor coming from his urethra. The vet that examined him mentioned surgery but did not recommend it b/c she said the success rate was not very high. That part of the body is highly vascularized and she didn't think surgery would fix it. Instead, she suggested Finn get neutered asap (he was about 7mos old at the time), and this is what we did. Thankfully, no more prolapse.

Im glad Brutus is no longer bleeding!

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
I remember Finn would be walking around the house and there would be bright red blood droplets and even clots on the floor coming from his urethra. The vet that examined him mentioned surgery but did not recommend it b/c she said the success rate was not very high. That part of the body is highly vascularized and she didn't think surgery would fix it. Instead, she suggested Finn get neutered asap (he was about 7mos old at the time), and this is what we did. Thankfully, no more prolapse.

Im glad Brutus is no longer bleeding!

Yea it was really bad! I feel like the surgery cost and what he went through was not needed or worth it b/c it just ended up happening again and now he is fine! Thanks for the info!

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
thanks [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] for posting the experiences with Brutus and Finn. I was going to take him into MSU if it continued today, but now I'll think I'll just wait it out. Like I said they are going to get neutered in July so hopefully this will be the end of the aggressive humping and the bleeding.

By the way, Remy is 8 months old today. When the lazy bum gets out of bed, I'll take a picture of him and post it!!! He's such a good baby and I'm so glad and lucky that [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] allowed me to become his mommy!!

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
okay, Remy was sitting next to me on the couch and he popped his little lipstick out and there is a bright red ball on the tip. He is still dropping little drops of blood, but not profusely. So, again, [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION], thanks for all your advice. I will just let him be until next month when I schedule the neutering. I will mention it to Dr. Bauer though when I go in to pick up their next heartworm meds.

This is why I love you all on here. I knew someone would have the answer and ease my panic!!!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Get better Remy ! quit misbehaving! LOL

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I hope all is well with your Remy, but having read this thread I am definitely sticking with the girls :-) I do have a husband, two young adult sons and a male Maine Coon cat, so I think I have enough males in my life anyway LOL.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.