Aldo develop an abscess!!

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Well, yesterday I was doing my turn your bulldog on his back exercise with Aldo as some of my friends here have suggested [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION]..It has been probably around a week since I last did it with him.. Katara has been getting most of the exercises since she has become territorial with Aldo.. well, I noticed he had a red/purple lesion right next to his boy parts.. fluid filled and definitely wasn't there last week.. Aldo had a neutering surgery a month ago and I thought maybe a suture stayed in there and got infected..
98a75ddf.jpg

Called the vet and they told me to bring him in and they would remove the suture if in fact it had stayed.. well, the vet said it was an infection, but couldn't confirm it was related to the surgery... they drained the little thing and sent him home on antibiotics.. I did inquire to possibly get them at walgreens as my friend [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] suggested but they said nothing comparable was made for humans :cursing: umm.. really?? antibiotics are antibiotics right?? I am thinking they couldn't figure out the dose or maybe hadn't heard about this before and thought I was crazy or something.. I just had to take Aldo home to pick up my daughter from dance class.. a 2 min procedure and a prescription for antibiotics.. 100 dlls down... :cursing:
I need to go in better prepared next time...

Aldo came to pick up Alexia with me.. and while she was still in class.. Alana was proud to show Aldo off to all her friends... Aldo behaved like a true prince!! so proud of him :bully: [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]
9742358d.jpg

Does anybody have any thoughts about why this formed?

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby gets those too sometimes. I bring her to the vet and they stick it with a needle to drain it and the first time gave her Simplicef. I know that Walgreens doesn't carry Simplicef but they DO carry the generic version Cephalexin.

I actually found a pdf online telling vets how to "fight for your business" and learn to prescribe things that regular pharmacies don't carry. I don't know if I'm allowed to post that url here tho. It's very interesting reading.

I can PM it to you if you like.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Send me the link too so I can see the site it's on I am sure we would all like to see it!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus had the same thing after his nuetuering! They said the sutures didnt fully dissolve and it should go away within a couple days if not to bring him in....I just kept it clean and put bacitration and within 2-3 days it was gone! He is being such a good boy! Love the picture with him and the kids....Alexia looks so happy to have her widdle brudder there!

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Brutus had the same thing after his nuetuering! They said the sutures didnt fully dissolve and it should go away within a couple days if not to bring him in....I just kept it clean and put bacitration and within 2-3 days it was gone! He is being such a good boy! Love the picture with him and the kids....Alexia looks so happy to have her widdle brudder there!
That is actually Alana but thank you! :) And yes, she was very proud!

Last edited:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I'm very glad to see him react to the kids this way. Very COOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:BRAVO: :jumping: Excellent ..... I am so happy to see your hard work is paying off.

9742358d.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Yes that is what I have done for those little ones in the past, just topical antibiotic ointment. Luckily they cannot reach them to lick or irritate it. I am actually surprised they prescribed antibiotics since it is right below the skin. Marlow's was a big gigantic round ball that was not visible, half the size of his head. That did require antibiotics for sure.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm glad it wasn't anything too serious .... and love the pic too!!!! :yes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.