Cleaning Face/Wrinkles

Coop590

Jun 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
What should I be using to clean Lily’s face/wrinkles, Ihave just been using baby wipes but is there something better out there?

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I use hydrogen peroxide every other day but I know some people use witch hazel and others baby shampoo...some just use water. I'm sure more suggestions will be along soon. A lot of it just depends on how prone to irritation your bullies wrinkles are.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
i use unscented baby wipes and clean Watson's face a couple times a day. I wipe him down daily with the baby wipes because of the pollen outside.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I use a solution from our vet, it is an anti-fungal-yeast medication. Just make sure when you wipe Lilly's face to dry it as well. Moisture in the folds can lead to a yeasty face. I also will use unscented baby wipes but again dry Vegas's face afterwards.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I use Pampers sensitive skin baby wipes and then dry him.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I use huggies natural care wipes and squirt them with Malacetic otic, if the wrinkles look Yucky I will break out the malecetic ultra. Tidus has watery eyes so I clean those with just the baby wipes on the outside and pat dry with a paper towel. Don't forget the hidden areas too. Under the paw pads can get Yucky, as well as the tail pocket and if you have a female, around her vulva needs cleaning too!

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
I was using baby wipes, but my vet recommended me Chlorhexidine pads about 3 months ago. Been using them ever since and they are absolutely amazing!! The redness/irritated skin inside the wrinkle above his nose is gone, and they have also helped with his tear stains.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We use the baby wipes for sensitive skin and thoroughly dry afterwards ... if they get a bit gunky for some reason we've used the chlorhexadine wipes that you can get. I have also used witch hazel too which works just as well as the baby wipes but the advantage is that you don't have to worry about drying afterwards.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.