Seasons.

L

Lucy-licious

Lucy seems to be in season...we've thought it was coming in for a month or so now, just the tell tale signs of swelling and smell etc....but its different.
This time she isnt bleeding like she usually does...nomally its bright red and dripping everywhere contantly..this is a darker red and hardly there at all...smudges as opposed to drips and when I wipe her its more like old blood.

@Davidh, [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] @Sherry...and anyone else with full females. Should I be worried. She's fine in herself, eating, drinking, peeing, pooping and playing like normal. This is just a little un nerving because its not normal.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Bella went into heat once. The Vet didn't think she ever would because of her condition as a pup, but she did and it is just like you described with Lucy now.....She was swollen and just a little dark blood with wiping her......

They maybe a lot like humans, monthly cycles can be different every once in a while. You were gone for 2 weeks, it might be due to stress of that situation.

Hope you get answers.

OP
L

Lucy-licious

Bella went into heat once. The Vet didn't think she ever would because of her condition as a pup, but she did and it is just like you described with Lucy now.....She was swollen and just a little dark blood with wiping her......

They maybe a lot like humans, monthly cycles can be different every once in a while. You were gone for 2 weeks, it might be due to stress of that situation.

Hope you get answers.

I just worry because its different thats all...your probably right though., and she does see ok in herself and as playful as ever.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Annie's seasons were like this with only maybe 3 days of smudging,never dripping,if she's healthy I wouldn't over worry ,karen

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Grosssssss that's what puts me off dogs,lipsticks should only ever be in a makeup bag lol,karen

I'm with you sister! I don't want to see that. :eeeew: Even worse, I don't want to answer the "what's that" question from little kids :ROFL:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION]! sometimes they have light blood like Blondie did this time and sometimes it's dark. I would just watch it and if it starts to look like chocolate milk then take her to the vet and get checked out to rule out pyometra.

OP
L

Lucy-licious

@Lucy-licious! sometimes they have light blood like Blondie did this time and sometimes it's dark. I would just watch it and if it starts to look like chocolate milk then take her to the vet and get checked out to rule out pyometra.

Oh jeeze...would she show other signs with that??

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
@Lucy-licious! yes, they will become less active, not wanting to eat, but may drink more water as the kidneys are trying to get rid of the excess toxins, and have a low grade fever. In advanced cases they will become lethargic. It usually affects older females. BeBe was 5 when she got it, and our vet did an emergency spay on her plus gave her some antibiotics.

OP
L

Lucy-licious

@Lucy-licious! yes, they will become less active, not wanting to eat, but may drink more water as the kidneys are trying to get rid of the excess toxins, and have a low grade fever. In advanced cases they will become lethargic. It usually affects older females. BeBe was 5 when she got it, and our vet did an emergency spay on her plus gave her some antibiotics.

Thanks for the info...I will be taking her soon to get spayed. I've been putting it off, but we need to get it done if we're ginna bring home a new brother, rescue or puppy :) vet said 1/2 way between seasons is best which will be around sept/oct

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Grosssssss that's what puts me off dogs,lipsticks should only ever be in a makeup bag lol,karen

bahahahaha oh Karen thats funny..

All of my females have had a different cycle every now and then.. I think you can relax. She's not running a temp. eating drinking, playing, pain free, everything seems normal other wise. I do believe she's good to go.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.