Another breathing thread

Reed Wheeler

Jun 1, 2012
West Sacramento, California, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aengus
So Aengus has been breathing real fast from the time I brought him home. He can be asleep or walking around it never changes. They are just short fast quick breaths over and over. His whole body is always moving from breathing. I have a video but I don't know how to post it here. Is this normal for EBD puppies?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I would take him to see the vet, it isn't normal.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would not think so either. You can put up a link to your video on YouTube, you may need 5 posts or so to do it.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You can take his temperature rectally, should be below 102 F and above 99 F

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
How is his behavior? Eating, drinking , playing? I took a pup to the vet a week ago and the vet told me his breathing was labored, however I know bulldogs and I knew she was just not familiar with them, and knew she was incorrect..... when I went to my regular vet he was fine as I thought. You can check the gums and tongue, they should be nice and pink, if the look blue or purple it means they are not getting enough oxygen. Short and fast breaths is a sign of a respiratory infection and should be taken as an emergency situation. URI can turn into pneumonia real quick in a young pup, which can be life threatening... If I were you I would go with your gut instinct that something is not right about the breathing and take to the vet asap. Worst case scenario there is nothing wrong and you pay for a vet visit.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
If it is that way all day I agree, go to the vet. Not sure bout puppies since it has been so long but that doesnt seem normal to me. Cant be too safe. Do you have a good bully vet?

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Do take him to the Vet as soon as you can. you may just not be used to how Bullies breathe but I have had more than my fair share of breathing issues with Dublin so please do take him. In the meantime keep him nice and cool.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
It does seem that he is not taking in a lot of air. I couldn't tell from the video whether he is making any breathing sounds. His nostrils seem to be "working overtime" Ease your mind and take him to the vet. He is adorable :-)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would take him to a good bully vet. I have seen them breath like that sometimes when they sleep but not all the time. Seems a little to fast and short breaths.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
My pup is 5 months old and he doesnt breathe that fast, I would take him in.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online