My poor cappu wounds :((

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver British Columbia
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
Hi i switched his food from royal canine to blue wellness for puppy grainfree though i did a good job but he start sheding and got wounds over his head ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339666489.975940.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1339666499.454368.jpg. My poor little boy , we took him to vet he said he is gona exam it and said he got alergy to the food so he gave us the medicall royal canine food and changed his food what do u guys think im in vacay so my girlfriend is takin care of him she send me pics im so depressed any thoughs ?

L

Lucy-licious

I'm not great with the whole food issues as we can't get the same brands here...but which formula did you choose.
I feed Lucy a Lamb and Veg grain free formula that she is fine on but the same brand do a turkey and veg grain free that I hoped might be good for a change..but no!! She's allergic to Turkey.
My point being maybe its the protein source that's the problem...do they have another flavour?

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Hi i switched his food from royal canine to blue wellness for puppy grainfree though i did a good job but he start sheding and got wounds over his head View attachment 22391View attachment 22392. My poor little boy , we took him to vet he said he is gona exam it and said he got alergy to the food so he gave us the medicall royal canine food and changed his food what do u guys think im in vacay so my girlfriend is takin care of him she send me pics im so depressed any thoughs ?
don't be depressed there is a lot of good info on here and people that will help you through.. unfortunately alot of bullies go through this.. Are you giving any benadryl or zyrtec to help with the rash?? Duke has allergies but not to food. I am sure those that do will help you out today @cowsmom

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Just wondering if you have done a skin scrap test just to rule out any skin infections...It could all be food related and it does take sometime to get the right food. We had Brutus on Solid Gold and he had soft poo, shedding alot, smelly, and alot of gas..We then switched to Fromm Beef Frittata and everything is amazing now! Since he is already on grain free I would try a different proetin source instead of lamb maybe try beef or turkey as main proetin source...Hope this helps and there will be others with more experience

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Annie used to get these spots due to allergies ,dogs can be allergic to chicken,beef,dairy ,eggs ,I learnt a lot dealing with a very allergic dog,the only way to stop it is avoiding all allergens,pretty hard to do unless it's just food allergy,karen

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Good luck and wishing a speedy recover for your baby Cappu!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Wish I could help you but I'm a fairly new bully owner. Wishing cappu and you the best though and I'm sure you'll get a wealth of helpful suggesstions for everyone here.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]...maybe she has some ideas for you. Food is the hardest thing to figure out and mostly trial and error..unless you opt for an allergy test.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Have you checked what that Royal Canin food is made of? If it's the same that they sell here it's quite awful, consisting feathers etc...It can't be good for him.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@cowsmom...maybe she has some ideas for you. Food is the hardest thing to figure out and mostly trial and error..unless you opt for an allergy test.

ditto^^^^^^ It could be the protein source, as someone else said.

OP
Deniztokcan

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
I called the vet the other day he i goin to do skin scrap test , ive cheked the ingredients in that medical looks like there is yeast chiken etc he strongly said that we shud stick with that food. Leme post the ingredienta ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339763308.924608.jpg. We went to vet begore he never told me to get his food that sells there so im just thinking maybe he is not suggesting it cause he gets commision ?

OP
Deniztokcan

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
My gf told me that he was getting better but im still not happy with the quality ofthe ingredient , any suggestions ? I live in canada and i couldnt find fromm brand i hbe tried blue - welness puppy nut that turned to be bad from him , i believe it was turkey maybe that os the case i hate being far away from my bully. But at least girl is takin care pf him , i had to go see my fam in turkey dosnt wana suffer my boy for a 17hr flight and new environment for a 2 week peripd as he is still pupp

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online