Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
I'm heartbroken for your loss. You did your best to give her everything she needed but it was too much to overcome, she's now in a place where she doesn't struggle to breathe and I hope your heart will heal with time....rip Bella

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a kind individual you must be to have rescued such a sick dog. My heart goes out to you, I'm sure that must have been so hard to deal with. RIP Bella

OP
Bellababy1

Bellababy1

Jun 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Thank all of u so so much, the vet hospital heard about my story and wants to give me one of her puppies which is just 8 weeks and they she said might have a chance of deaf it's all white, I'm so scared of what I just went through and can't handle anything majoir I will take it but scared of what if something like this happens again. 😖

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I am so sorry I missed this thread until now. My heart goes out to you!! I am sorry for your loss. I say go for the puppy and worry until you have too.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thank all of u so so much, the vet hospital heard about my story and wants to give me one of her puppies which is just 8 weeks and they she said might have a chance of deaf it's all white, I'm so scared of what I just went through and can't handle anything majoir I will take it but scared of what if something like this happens again. 😖

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you find a place in your heart fir the new puppy, I have heard they are wonderful companions and they learn from your hand signals and body language, it really is almost the same as a pup who can hear because most of what they learn comes from those two aspects as well. :hug:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I am so ooo sorry to hear this. :( hugs to you! I say take the pup. Can't live in fear of what if, even if it is hard not to. This pup was beyond the normal problems for sure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I to am so sorry for your loss. The last weeks of Bella's life were comforted knowing that you loved her and made her feel safe. She has many friends to meet her at the Rainbow Bridge. Find the peace that you need and give yourself the permission to know that,you really couldn't of done anymore. She's happy puppy again in the fields across the bridge. Peace to my new friend

[MENTION=5120]Bellababy1[/MENTION]

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh I'm so sorry for the sad news. Bella knew she was loved by such a kindhearted person, that's all anyone can ask for. Bless your heart.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hug: last night when I responded I nearly wrote that the hardest thing to do is to decide that your Bella's quality of life would be so full of discomfort and wishing you peace to make that decision. I'm so thankful Bella had a small sliver of love and knowing she was cared for. You are a very special person and I'm honored to have met you.

As far as the new pup...not all white dogs or cats are deaf. True..it is a risk. But you have to weigh the risks versus the benefits. I actually know 2 deaf dogs..one white...one not! Both of them are wonderful additions to their respective families. They learn in their own way. It will take more work from you and will be an entirely different experience. But somehow, I sense in you, more than enough love and patience to make this pup whole. Peace to Bella at the bridge...

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. At least Bella knew she was loved and is now free to play without worry at the Rainbow Bridge.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=5120]Bellababy1[/MENTION] so sorry for you loss, hugs and prayers to you and your family. Rest in Peace sweet Bella...

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I am so sorry for your loss .. and after losing my baby girl only 3 1/2 weeks ago I can truly comprehend how painful it is for you. I would take the hospital up on their kind offer of a new baby. Is it a bully too??? Remember that to be an all white deaf dog they would need to be totally white with no pigmentation!! So if there is any kind of spot of coloring on your new baby then it's not necesarily going to be deaf.

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
as I read all of the comments, my eyes are wet, my heart goes out to you, I can not even imagine. I am so very sorry for your loss.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.