Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our New Rescue CHUNK has some health problems, need advice please

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Our New Rescue CHUNK has some health problems, need advice please

Quote Originally Posted by MsKfernandez View Post
    It's funny that you mention it, but this entire time I've been thinking the blue buffalo IS grain free then I just realized RICE would be considered a grain DUH lol. Lucy has really bad food/environmental allergies so I definitely won't be switching her but I am totally open to giving him whatever he needs. I need to head to the store tonight for dog food anyway, I think I'll pick up some Fromm for him to try, just in case the rice is a problem. Thanks!
    I had the same moment too before I feed Fromm now and if it works its a great food for our bullies. The good thing is you can switch through flavors with no transistion ....Some do good and some dont! Sometimes after trial and error doing an allergy test is the easiest way to try and fix the issues. See how it goes and we are all here if you need anything. Good Luck and keep us posted!
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Do a slow switch using 1/4 new food mixed with 3/4 old food each meal for about a week. Then go 1/2 and 1/2 for a week, then go 3/4 new to 1/4 old for another week before giving him 100% new food. This is important because bullys have very sensitive tummys and too quick of a change may upset his tummy. If you notice soft poo while switching, back up and reduce the new food a little for a few days so his tummy can catch up to the switch. Another thing that helps during a switch is to add a tablespoon of canned pumpkin to the mix *not pie filling but canned pumpkin*. Once you switch his food give him a few weeks on the new food and note how it has helped or not, but it takes a few weeks to get the old food out of his system. It can be a long process but is great when you find the right food..... Fromm Beef Frittata was that right food for Princess Gracie.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lucy Lou and The Chunk-a-dunk-a-lis
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    Do a slow switch using 1/4 new food mixed with 3/4 old food each meal for about a week. Then go 1/2 and 1/2 for a week, then go 3/4 new to 1/4 old for another week before giving him 100% new food. This is important because bullys have very sensitive tummys and too quick of a change may upset his tummy. If you notice soft poo while switching, back up and reduce the new food a little for a few days so his tummy can catch up to the switch. Another thing that helps during a switch is to add a tablespoon of canned pumpkin to the mix *not pie filling but canned pumpkin*. Once you switch his food give him a few weeks on the new food and note how it has helped or not, but it takes a few weeks to get the old food out of his system. It can be a long process but is great when you find the right food..... Fromm Beef Frittata was that right food for Princess Gracie.
    Thanks Bruce

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Can't even imagine neglecting a bully for one day much less his whole life. Bless you for taking on Chunk with all his problems. Being stressed is totally understandable and that just tells me you are an awesome bulldog parent. Time, patience and a whole lot of TLC and Chunk will get there. Lucy looks like a happy camper Your bullies are so lucky to have you in their lives.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Just wanted to say Welcome to @MsKfernandez welcome to you and your fur kids.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

What beautiful bullies they are... both look to be so sweet and Chunk, even with issues, looks to be a very happy boy.

You've rec'd excellent advice so I have nothing to add.... just wanted to thank you for saving Lucy Lou and Chunk and giving them the spoiled bully life they deserve
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads