Abby is in the hospital

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I probably would of stayed and been a real pain in there butts. But then again, I don't always take orders well either. I do what I want when it comes to what's in my heart. Persistent. If it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't , is my motto.

My heart is with you right now. You may feel very confused and just want to run away and make everything well.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh My GOD, Bev...... :pray: ---- positive thoughts, hugs, prayers and everything crossed she bounces back!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Do you think she knows that I didn't leave her? I keep thinking of her scared and thinking I don't want her anymore. They love her in there. Everyone spoils her. I know they are taking excellent care of her. But they aren't me and I didn't even get to tell her that I would be back for her.

She knows you did not leave her and are coming back to bring her home

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I'm positive that Abby knows you love her and will be back for her. :hug: Any chance that you can schedule visiting hours with the clinic?

I know that they are running more tests on her right now. They have use a catheter to get urine to test that. They need to make sure there is no protein leaking into her urine. That would absolutely signify end stage renal disease.

I'm going to call them in an hour or so to see if I can come by to see her. If they can get her to eat I sure as heck don't want them feeding her that canned crap! I want to bring her lunch. I made her a new batch of rice krispie treats. I think she needs a treat :)

My mind is focusing on the numbers from todays tests. I had her run a full CBC, not just a kidney panel. Some of these numbers aren't bad. Her calcium is high by 0.09, phosphorous is high by only 2 points. The ratio of the 2 is good. At least that's positive! High amylase is bad news for the pancreas. Normal should be no higher than 1200, Abbys AMY is almost 1900. Low Albumin means bad liver function. But it's not SO bad, only 1 point lower than it should be. Low RBC, HGB & HCT. I don't know what that means. Her sugar is high again. Why does that fluctuate so much? I have a lot of research to do today, at least I'll have something to focus on other than the lack of someone biting my toes.

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I am very sorry to hear about Abby and sorry for what you are going through, I can't imagine how awful it must be! I am sending all my positive energy your way. I can't believe they didn't let you say goodbye! I would have marched right up to them and demanded it ( but then again, I am a as stubborn as they get). Any chance you could tell them you are sick over this and feeling very badly about not getting to say goodbye and they could sneak you in for a second just for peace of mind?

Also, I know that Abby knows she has your love always and that she is surrounded by love from those taking care of her. They always know we will come back for them, I truly believe. When we leave for work or vacations...they always know you are as loyal to them as they are to you. :) I am guilty of assuming my dog is thinking/feeling wayyy more than capable of as far as cognition goes in dogs...we all do it! But they keep it simple and wont feel scared or abandoned....just the love!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
She probably thinks you are still there waiting. Plus feeling the way she does she isnt doing much but sleeping anyhow I am sure so dont think such thoughts. We do over exaggerate what we "think" they are thinking when in this case she is probably not really thinking too much anyhow. Just resting and healing. Hope you can bring her some lunch.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Do you think she knows that I didn't leave her? I keep thinking of her scared and thinking I don't want her anymore. They love her in there. Everyone spoils her. I know they are taking excellent care of her. But they aren't me and I didn't even get to tell her that I would be back for her.

Bev she for sure knows Momma didnt leave her! You brought her to Tinton Falls right? They are amazing there and love our babies and take very good care of them! I was a mess when Brutus was there for 4 days but he was so well taken care of! I know though its not you and with Abby its different! I pray for Miss Abby and you to get through this quickly :hug:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Bev..this isn't the time to doubt yourself or especially the love Abby knows you feel towards her. Take a deep breath. It happened so suddenly I am thinking her numbers are so changed because she is sick. I say..we focus on her stabilizing and then when she is more herself, treat her the way you feel is best. The important thing here is Abby is where she needs to be. If they want to keep her.. You march down there and tell them that you aren't leaving without seeing and holding her. Period! We are here for you. And for Abby too. Remember.. One step at a time.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I am just so sorry to hear this ... I really hoped that she would be feeling better after you said she had eaten a little yesterday. She is in the best place right now and getting the best care. But ... yes ... badger them with phone calls and take lunch there anyway. I'd also demand to go back and see her ... even if it is just a few seconds. I still find it unbelievable that they didn't let you say goodbye to her!! Big hugs Bev and sending you positive prayers right now!!!

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
I am guilty of assuming my dog is thinking/feeling wayyy more than capable of as far as cognition goes in dogs...we all do it! But they keep it simple and wont feel scared or abandoned....just the love!

We do over exaggerate what we "think" they are thinking when in this case she is probably not really thinking too much anyhow. Just resting and healing. Hope you can bring her some lunch.

You're both probably right, I am over thinking what she is capable of. But how can we not? Abby looks at me in ways that Roxy can't (or doesn't). These guys act more human than any animal I've ever seen.

Bev she for sure knows Momma didnt leave her! You brought her to Tinton Falls right? They are amazing there and love our babies and take very good care of them! I was a mess when Brutus was there for 4 days but he was so well taken care of! I know though its not you and with Abby its different! I pray for Miss Abby and you to get through this quickly :hug:

No. I needed her seen by a doctor ASAP. I took her to her regular vet in Rutherford. At the risk of sounding cheap, Tinton Falls is expensive! She can get the same treatment in Rutherford at half the price. Plus, it's only a couple minutes from home as opposed to the hour long drive to Tinton Falls. Her kidney doctors know what is going on. That phone call has already been made. I love how they all work together for the Abbyhead.

Last edited:
OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Her doctor really is great. I don't think they intentionally didn't let me see her. I think that as soon as they saw how high her urea nitrogen was they maybe panicked a little and stuck the needles in. I didn't push to see her either. As awful as it sounds, I had a major guilt attack and couldn't think of anything other than "I did this to her".

I'm going to the school to get my son then we are going to the hospital to see her. I just called them, they said we could.

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
You're both probably right, I am over thinking what she is capable of. But how can we not? Abby looks at me in ways that Roxy can't (or doesn't). These guys act more human than any animal I've ever seen.

No. I needed her seen by a doctor ASAP. I took her to her regular vet in Rutherford. At the risk of sounding cheap, Tinton Falls is expensive! She can get the same treatment in Rutherford at half the price. Plus, it's only a couple minutes from home as opposed to the hour long drive to Tinton Falls. Her kidney doctors know what is going on. That phone call has already been made. I love how they all work together for the Abbyhead.

Even better for you to be closer to her and the vets office! I would definatley bring her lunch as you want to do! :hug:

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Her doctor really is great. I don't think they intentionally didn't let me see her. I think that as soon as they saw how high her urea nitrogen was they maybe panicked a little and stuck the needles in. I didn't push to see her either. As awful as it sounds, I had a major guilt attack and couldn't think of anything other than "I did this to her".

I'm going to the school to get my son then we are going to the hospital to see her. I just called them, they said we could.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.