Abby is in the hospital

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
They kept her. :cry: They aren't sure what is wrong with her. Her numbers are through the roof. Her BUN is over 200. I had it down to 65. She is also closer to that magic treatment number of 20 for her PCV. She is now fully anemic.

Dr Sing said this might all just be from a GI episode. Being sick throws the body into a tailspin. But it could also be natural progression. I HATE those words!!!

To be safe, they kept her for IV fluid therapy. It's sort of like dialysis for people. They also gave her a shot of antibiotics and an anti-nausea medicine.

They wouldn't even let me say goodbye to her. She probably thinks that I left her there.

I made a decision on the way home. I don't know what got into me. In the beginning they told me to give her that canned crap. I refused and treated her MY way. Then something got into my head and I started doubting myself. I started doing what they told me to and look where we are.

I'm going back to MY way. Her kidney values were the best they've ever been when I was doing it my way. Then I listened to nuVet because I believed he knew better. Well he doesn't. He might be a doctor and he might know dogs but he doesn't know sweetie heads. That's my department. I'm the sweetie head expert. Not him.

I can't lose her. Not now. Not yet. She's really sick and I'm not ready.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Oh Bev..................we are all here. :pray:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Oh Bev I am soooo sorry she had to stay and sorry they dont know what is causing this! I know thats stress in itself not knowing what the problem is and worrying that its her kidney! :hug: You do what you need to do for Sweetie Head if you feel its right! They always say momma knows best and I truley belive it! I have faith and lots of positive thoughts that things will be okay! Im here if you need anything at all! If you want company for a vet ride just call me or text me! :hug:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Always go with your gut instincts. So hard to not second guess yourself as a mama and as well trained as drs are they do NOT know everything. My gosh I have been so anxious waiting for word. Maybe this is what she needs to help kick this bug and feel better. Are they going to call or are you just planning on going back later? Wouldnt let you say goodbye?!?! :*( Hang in there, she is a tough little girl. Was she still throwing up as much? Sorry for all the questions. I was just SO hoping for good news when I got on this morning.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm sorry Bev too for Abby, but she's being taken care of in the hospital and closely monitored, so that's a good thing! Let's just hope and continue to pray that this is "just" a GI bug that's causing her body to respond this way, and that she will recover from this. I will continue to look for updates throughout the day. Hang in there, my friend!!

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
She only ate that french toast yesterday. My son went and bought her chicken and broccoli from the Chinese restaurant but she only ate a piece of broccoli and went back to sleep. She didn't throw up again but she peed in her sleep. She didn't even wake up.

They don't know how long she will be there for. Maybe a couple of hours. Maybe a couple of days. They need to get her stable. That BUN needs to come down. Her iron needs to go up. Anemia in itself could kill her. She's being poisoned by the nitrogen in her blood stream. Her white count is high. There's an infection in there somewhere. AMY is higher which means her pancreas is getting weaker. I can't read this report anymore. There's more but I don't want to see it right now.

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh Bev I am so sorry!! My heart is breaking for you right now.... I cannot believe they would not let you say goodbye... Some vets are just weird about people going into the "back room"... Ugh! I think would have been a lobby stalker. How soon until you get a follow up? How can they expect you to go home and not go insane staring at the phone? I am sick to my stomach thinking about what you are feeling right now.... Praying for you both.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Oh Bev I am so sorry!! My heart is breaking for you right now.... I cannot believe they would not let you say goodbye... Some vets are just weird about people going into the "back room"... Ugh! I think would have been a lobby stalker. How soon until you get a follow up? How can they expect you to go home and not go insane staring at the phone? I am sick to my stomach thinking about what you are feeling right now.... Praying for you both.

Exactly Lisa.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I am so sorry to hear this. I was hoping for better news today. Prayers to you...Please keep us updated.

L

Lucy-licious

Oh Bev...I am so sorry and praying with every string in my heart that she will be home with you soon :hug: Thinking of you all xxx

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Do you think she knows that I didn't leave her? I keep thinking of her scared and thinking I don't want her anymore. They love her in there. Everyone spoils her. I know they are taking excellent care of her. But they aren't me and I didn't even get to tell her that I would be back for her.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I'm positive that Abby knows you love her and will be back for her. :hug: Any chance that you can schedule visiting hours with the clinic?

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Prayers for Abby :heart:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online