I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Abby is in the hospital

Do you think she knows that I didn't leave her? I keep thinking of her scared and thinking I don't want her anymore. They love her in there. Everyone spoils her. I know they are taking excellent care of her. But they aren't me and I didn't even get to tell her that I would be back for her.

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I'm positive that Abby knows you love her and will be back for her. Any chance that you can schedule visiting hours with the clinic?
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel Wentworth Sinclair & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Prayers for Abby

Cheerio mates!

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

I probably would of stayed and been a real pain in there butts. But then again, I don't always take orders well either. I do what I want when it comes to what's in my heart. Persistent. If it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't , is my motto.

My heart is with you right now. You may feel very confused and just want to run away and make everything well.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Oh My GOD, Bev...... ---- positive thoughts, hugs, prayers and everything crossed she bounces back!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    Do you think she knows that I didn't leave her? I keep thinking of her scared and thinking I don't want her anymore. They love her in there. Everyone spoils her. I know they are taking excellent care of her. But they aren't me and I didn't even get to tell her that I would be back for her.
    She knows you did not leave her and are coming back to bring her home
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    I'm positive that Abby knows you love her and will be back for her. Any chance that you can schedule visiting hours with the clinic?
    I know that they are running more tests on her right now. They have use a catheter to get urine to test that. They need to make sure there is no protein leaking into her urine. That would absolutely signify end stage renal disease.

I'm going to call them in an hour or so to see if I can come by to see her. If they can get her to eat I sure as heck don't want them feeding her that canned crap! I want to bring her lunch. I made her a new batch of rice krispie treats. I think she needs a treat

My mind is focusing on the numbers from todays tests. I had her run a full CBC, not just a kidney panel. Some of these numbers aren't bad. Her calcium is high by 0.09, phosphorous is high by only 2 points. The ratio of the 2 is good. At least that's positive! High amylase is bad news for the pancreas. Normal should be no higher than 1200, Abbys AMY is almost 1900. Low Albumin means bad liver function. But it's not SO bad, only 1 point lower than it should be. Low RBC, HGB & HCT. I don't know what that means. Her sugar is high again. Why does that fluctuate so much? I have a lot of research to do today, at least I'll have something to focus on other than the lack of someone biting my toes.

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)

I am very sorry to hear about Abby and sorry for what you are going through, I can't imagine how awful it must be! I am sending all my positive energy your way. I can't believe they didn't let you say goodbye! I would have marched right up to them and demanded it ( but then again, I am a as stubborn as they get). Any chance you could tell them you are sick over this and feeling very badly about not getting to say goodbye and they could sneak you in for a second just for peace of mind?

Also, I know that Abby knows she has your love always and that she is surrounded by love from those taking care of her. They always know we will come back for them, I truly believe. When we leave for work or vacations...they always know you are as loyal to them as they are to you. I am guilty of assuming my dog is thinking/feeling wayyy more than capable of as far as cognition goes in dogs...we all do it! But they keep it simple and wont feel scared or abandoned....just the love!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

She probably thinks you are still there waiting. Plus feeling the way she does she isnt doing much but sleeping anyhow I am sure so dont think such thoughts. We do over exaggerate what we "think" they are thinking when in this case she is probably not really thinking too much anyhow. Just resting and healing. Hope you can bring her some lunch.

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    Bev she for sure knows Momma didnt leave her! You brought her to Tinton Falls right? They are amazing there and love our babies and take very good care of them! I was a mess when Brutus was there for 4 days but he was so well taken care of! I know though its not you and with Abby its different! I pray for Miss Abby and you to get through this quickly
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Bev..this isn't the time to doubt yourself or especially the love Abby knows you feel towards her. Take a deep breath. It happened so suddenly I am thinking her numbers are so changed because she is sick. I say..we focus on her stabilizing and then when she is more herself, treat her the way you feel is best. The important thing here is Abby is where she needs to be. If they want to keep her.. You march down there and tell them that you aren't leaving without seeing and holding her. Period! We are here for you. And for Abby too. Remember.. One step at a time.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I am just so sorry to hear this ... I really hoped that she would be feeling better after you said she had eaten a little yesterday. She is in the best place right now and getting the best care. But ... yes ... badger them with phone calls and take lunch there anyway. I'd also demand to go back and see her ... even if it is just a few seconds. I still find it unbelievable that they didn't let you say goodbye to her!! Big hugs Bev and sending you positive prayers right now!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Remove Ads