Allergy results are in!

BulldwgR56

Feb 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Sirrius
So I went with Holistic Remedies for allergy testing my bully as some of the recommendations on this site. If you remember my bully had hotspots, and pimple like bumps/sores on his skin. These have since cleared up on their own as we have yet to change anything with his food etc... He still has an occasional spot he will dig at but is doing much better. We are still feeding Earthborn Meadow Feast, and about due for a new bag, as his results came back the only ingredient in his food he is flagged for is spinach. He doesn't seem to be affected by it but again, it's hard to tell. Below are his full results. Another flag for me is the "weak connective tissues" and 'Vaccination disruption" He is due for his shots next month, he will be 15 months old. EPSON003.jpg

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
so what do you think? was it spot on or somewhat on? im thinking of this for my boston as ive had sarah tested. @bulldwg56. i wonder if those last bumps would clear up without the spinach in the food. hm. thanks for posting this.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
very interesting , thank you for sharing, I have never seen one of these.

OP
BulldwgR56

BulldwgR56

Feb 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Sirrius
so what do you think? was it spot on or somewhat on? im thinking of this for my boston as ive had sarah tested. @bulldwg56. i wonder if those last bumps would clear up without the spinach in the food. hm. thanks for posting this.

I thinks the results make sense, and seem to be logical. At least I have an idea. There are no more treats in the house so that should cover the wheat and flour/baked goods allergies. As for the spinach allergy, I wish I knew to what degree is he allergic. He cant be getting that high of a dosage in his feedings I wouldn't think. His bumps are pretty much done and gone, just one hotspot like area on his neck, could be just a dirty bully. Ive been much more diligent about wiping his whole body down two times a week or so, wrinkes, face, ears and tail. His environmental allergies did show dust mites, which we also have been doing more laundering of his bedding and blankets and vacuuming more often. The test also stated his eyes are inflamed. His eyes are actually very clean and clear. Not watery and his tear staining is mostly gone. I will keep you posted as I have started giving the remedy provided by the test, we will see what develops.

Last edited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I thinks the results make sense, and seem to be logical. At least I have an idea. There are no more treats in the house so that should cover the wheat and flour/baked goods allergies. As for the spinach allergy, I wish I knew to what degree is he allergic. He cant be getting that high of a dosage in his feedings I wouldn't think. His bumps are pretty much done and gone, just one hotspot like area on his neck, could be just a dirty bully. Ive been much more diligent about wiping his whole body down two times a week or so, wrinkes, face, ears and tail. His environmental allergies did show dust mites, which we also have been doing more laundering of his bedding and blankets and vacuuming more often. The test also stated his eyes are inflamed. His eyes are actually very clean and clear. Not watery and his tear staining is mostly gone. I will keep you posted as I have started giving the remedy provided by the test, we will see what develops.
yea spinach is pretty far down so prolly not. keep us posted in how things are going i think we have another member who just sent hers off so that will be interesting as well.

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Westchester, New York, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily

I just sent out my hair samples to them yesterday.
I can't wait to get results back.
The waiting is the worse part!!
about how long did it take to get the results back?

It must feel good to get some answers.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Thanks for sharing your results, interesting to read - best of luck!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
really interesting, but how we they know his eyes were inflammed?

OP
BulldwgR56

BulldwgR56

Feb 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Sirrius
I just sent out my hair samples to them yesterday.
I can't wait to get results back.
The waiting is the worse part!!
about how long did it take to get the results back?

It must feel good to get some answers.

It took a little over a week both ways as the packages have to clear customs when entering from a foreign destination. It was about 3 1/2 weeks total as he only runs the test on certain days of the week. Good luck!

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
So I went with Holistic Remedies for allergy testing my bully as some of the recommendations on this site. If you remember my bully had hotspots, and pimple like bumps/sores on his skin. These have since cleared up on their own as we have yet to change anything with his food etc... He still has an occasional spot he will dig at but is doing much better. We are still feeding Earthborn Meadow Feast, and about due for a new bag, as his results came back the only ingredient in his food he is flagged for is spinach. He doesn't seem to be affected by it but again, it's hard to tell. Below are his full results. Another flag for me is the "weak connective tissues" and 'Vaccination disruption" He is due for his shots next month, he will be 15 months old.View attachment 22330
If he has vacs damage then don't have boosters,ask for a titre test that will tell you just what his immunity is to the diseases dogs are vaccinated against,if you give him the boosters it will just cause more damage,I couldn't read the test results but it sounds like its not too bad,karen

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i just bumped up the thread on this for anyone interested in doing it. its have your bully allergy tested for 35 english pounds or something like that.

OP
BulldwgR56

BulldwgR56

Feb 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Sirrius
If he has vacs damage then don't have boosters,ask for a titre test that will tell you just what his immunity is to the diseases dogs are vaccinated against,if you give him the boosters it will just cause more damage,I couldn't read the test results but it sounds like its not too bad,karen

Did the results not show up for you? If you have time to check them out please do and let me know your thoughts. The vaccination disruption may have been from when I took him in when his skin was a mess and the vet gave him some a shot for it. I don't remember what he was given. I will have to ask about the titre test

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Westchester, New York, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
So I went with Holistic Remedies for allergy testing my bully as some of the recommendations on this site. If you remember my bully had hotspots, and pimple like bumps/sores on his skin. These have since cleared up on their own as we have yet to change anything with his food etc... He still has an occasional spot he will dig at but is doing much better. We are still feeding Earthborn Meadow Feast, and about due for a new bag, as his results came back the only ingredient in his food he is flagged for is spinach. He doesn't seem to be affected by it but again, it's hard to tell. Below are his full results. Another flag for me is the "weak connective tissues" and 'Vaccination disruption" He is due for his shots next month, he will be 15 months old.View attachment 22330

Wow very interesting.
I hope this makes things a little easier for you guys now.
I can not wait to get Lily's results back.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.