Can I get a couple of prayers today?

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby has been throwing up all night. It's really bad. I don't know what happened. She was fine last night then about 2am everything exploded. I'm really trying not to freak out, I know she can pick up on that and I need her calm. This is the first time shes been sick like this since she was diagnosed.

She isn't shivering so I don't think it's kidney related but I could be wrong. Even if we wanted to test her values today we couldn't. Being sick throws everything into a tailspin, there's no way we would get accurate results for at least 48 hours.

She has zero interest in food this morning. That in itself scares the crap out of me. I tried to give her buttered noodles and scrambled eggs but she turned away from it. I just gave her some SEP then I'm going to make her some french toast, hopefully she eats it. She loves my french toast. If she doesn't I'm going to do another dose of fluids to hopefully flush out whatever is bugging her and fight off any dehydration from all the throwing up.

This is the part that I hate. I don't know if shes sick from something she ate or if she is sick because something inside her is breaking. :(

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh bev im so sorry to read this thread. i know that fear and im with ya there. i so hope its just something she ate. please keep us updated. :begging: prayers for you from cow n me.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm not the praying type, but I'll make an exception here:begging::pray::hug:

L

Lucy-licious

Aww...Thinking of you both, and sending possitive thought flying across the ocean :hug::hug: Hope her tummy settles soon. :hug:

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Thinking of you both. Prayers to you

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm not the praying type, but I'll make an exception here:begging::pray::hug:

and that means everything :)

I don't know what it could be. I haven't changed anything in her diet at all. And she was fine last night! I shot the blueberry video last night, you all saw she was fine! I have proof! I can't even take her to the vet. There's nothing they can do for her today. We can't run a kidney panel until she stops throwing up, the results would be so inaccurate it would be a waste of money.

I've taken her temp, it's fine. Her gums no more pale than usual (she's mildly anemic so they are always paler than they should be). Her eyes are clear, heart rate is good. She's alert but mopey. She doesn't want to get up. She doesn't have diarrhea, she's not constipated. Urine is clear and odorless. We don't like to give her the metronidazole because of the effect it has on the liver, so I give her the slippery elm for nausea. But if she doesn't improve in the next couple of hours I might have to take that risk. I have some of it here if I decide to go that route.

I hate this!!!!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Oh no! Prayers going out to you and her today! I know that I've mentioned on a couple of posts about trying the probiotic called "fast track" found at the holistic pet store, but it works soo well for my dogs. Wether it's diarrhea or vomiting, it works great and very fast! It can't hurt, right?

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
If anyone's "On it" with their pup's health and well-being, it's YOU.

Thinking good good thoughts for you and little Abby. Everybody has an "off" day once in awhile.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Our thoughts are with you today!

Did she eat a lot of blueberries by themselves? Blueberries are acidic (like citrus fruits) and I know people with acid reflux are supposed to eat them with discretion. Maybe if she ate some and didn't have anything else with them she just has some major reflux that is making her throw up?

Either way we are thinking good thoughts for you

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
@MamaAndi she always gets a small handful of blueberries at night. She's never gotten sick from it before.

[MENTION=2308]bubbaisapig[/MENTION] thanks, I will look into those. She already gets enzymes, maybe they aren't working anymore?

I made her french toast and bananas. She's picking at it now. Not devouring it like she usually does, but I'll take picking as long as she's eating a little bit. I'm going to try to hand feed it to her, maybe she'll eat a little more. I just went in to check on her, all she is doing now is licking the molasses off.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ah,Bev...... hugs, positive thoughts and some serious prayers for our sweet Abbyhead!!!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Keep us posted, thinking of you both.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my!!!! Will definitely be thinking of you and little precious Abby today. Hoping she feels better soon!!!!! :( Maybe a good sign she at least is looking at the french toast right? I mean if I was sick to my stomach I wouldnt so that might be good. Pedialyte for dehydration might help if you can get it in her. :hug:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.