Can I get a couple of prayers today?

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Praying for Abby that it's only a stomach bug and that things will settle. I know you are being strong. No matter the outcome we all know you are doing your very best. Gonna pray tonight that tomorrow is a happier day.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh boy I was so hoping for good need by now. :*( please oh please feel better little Abby, I agree it is too soon!!! : hug: to you both!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I will pray for sweet little Abby, I would think it's too fast as well, hopefully she just swallowed something, mine have done the same so many times and her behavior matches their symptoms exactly... So I pray that is all it is, but nothing too large to cause a blockage... I never thought I would pray that a bulldog swallowed something they shouldn't have but tonight we need it! :pray:

BulldwgR56

Feb 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Sirrius
Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way. Hopefully things will settle down and clear up for you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
This sounds a lot like when Ulysses had gastritis. He had both gastritis and the kennel cough at the same time. He got really sick after spending 3 nights at a boarding kennel. He received both antibiotics and something called Ulcogant for his tummy issue. He was like Abby, spitting out absolutely everything for 2 or 3 days. I really hope she gets better soon and that it is nothing related to her kidneys. You can also try to put the broth on your hand and let her lick it little by little, my boy likes that when he is sick. Oh and the chicken, chicken broth and mashed potato diet was prescribed to Uly when he got the gastritis so I really hope it helps her. Thinking of Abby :pray:

Abby still isn't any better. She still won't eat. I'm syringing chicken broth into her mouth. She spits most of it out but I think some gets down her throat. I've given her another 100ml of subQ fluids. The last thing I need is her dehydrating.

nuVet came. He gave her some drops and wants her in his office tomorrow morning for another kidney panel. I'm not going there for that. He has to send his blood out to the lab, I can't wait for answers. I'm losing my mind. I texted her regular vet, she told me that I could give her another 100ml of fluids tonight before bedtime. As long as the last dose is absorbed and the lump is gone, she will be ok and it won't risk her heart, she said that in emergency cases it is ok to ignore the standard dosing guidelines. The fluid bump was completely gone when I gave her the other dose and the new bump is totally gone already so I can give her more later tonight. I'm bringing her there first thing in the morning. It's closer to home anyway.

They both said this could either be just the normal progression of the disease or something as simple as gastroenteritis. Simple probably isn't a good word but it's all I can think of right now. I know that gastroenteritis isn't simple, I know it can be serious (sometimes even life threatening). But compared to total renal shutdown?

I managed to get her to eat a couple pieces of red pepper. My son even got her to play for a minute and a half. Then she went back to her bed and went back to sleep. This isn't good. I'm really scared this time.

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
We are at the doctor now waiting on blood test results. She had diarrhea on the floor on the office, there was a little blood in it.

They said the test would take 20 minutes. Should know something soon.

PLEASE let this be easy! Simple. Fixable.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh bev im praying so hard for you and abby right now. please let it be nothing much. :begging:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm waiting and hoping here on line for good news:pray:

Members online

No members online now.