Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hoping and praying she feels better soon. Give her a hug from us.

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Hope little Abby is feeling better. I'm not sure this would help, but every time Ulysses has something tummy related I cook a couple of chicken breast, cut them in little pieces and give them to him with the broth. He loves it no matter what and it makes me feel better to know that he has at least something in his stomach. You can also add some cooked rice or potatoes. Prayers and positive thoughts to you both :pray:

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby still isn't any better. She still won't eat. I'm syringing chicken broth into her mouth. She spits most of it out but I think some gets down her throat. I've given her another 100ml of subQ fluids. The last thing I need is her dehydrating.

nuVet came. He gave her some drops and wants her in his office tomorrow morning for another kidney panel. I'm not going there for that. He has to send his blood out to the lab, I can't wait for answers. I'm losing my mind. I texted her regular vet, she told me that I could give her another 100ml of fluids tonight before bedtime. As long as the last dose is absorbed and the lump is gone, she will be ok and it won't risk her heart, she said that in emergency cases it is ok to ignore the standard dosing guidelines. The fluid bump was completely gone when I gave her the other dose and the new bump is totally gone already so I can give her more later tonight. I'm bringing her there first thing in the morning. It's closer to home anyway.

They both said this could either be just the normal progression of the disease or something as simple as gastroenteritis. Simple probably isn't a good word but it's all I can think of right now. I know that gastroenteritis isn't simple, I know it can be serious (sometimes even life threatening). But compared to total renal shutdown?

I managed to get her to eat a couple pieces of red pepper. My son even got her to play for a minute and a half. Then she went back to her bed and went back to sleep. This isn't good. I'm really scared this time.

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
I am so sorry friend! Could it be a blockage? Mybe she swallowed a toy?? She had a kidney function panel not too long ago right? I am inclined to think this is something else since her levels were ok.. I sure hope so and I continue to pray!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Bev I am sooo hoping this is nothing having to do with her kidneys! I am soo sorry you both are going through this! Let me know if you need anything! Continued prayers and positive thoughts :hug:

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm not ready for natural progression yet. I don't know if I'll ever be ready for natural progression. But I know that I'm not ready NOW! I can't lose her yet. I'm praying for anything which is ridiculous. [MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION] I hope she swallowed something. They can fix a swallowed something. I'm praying for a blockage or parasites or anything else that they can fix. They can't fix this natural progression business. I won't have any "natural progression" in my house! Not tonight!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I'm not ready for natural progression yet. I don't know if I'll ever be ready for natural progression. But I know that I'm not ready NOW! I can't lose her yet. I'm praying for anything which is ridiculous. @acarabias I hope she swallowed something. They can fix a swallowed something. I'm praying for a blockage or parasites or anything else that they can fix. They can't fix this natural progression business. I won't have any "natural progression" in my house! Not tonight!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :pray: :pray: :pray:

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
But she's urinating right? You would have noticed a big change in her urination for days before the crisis as well as a slow change in appetite and behavior. This was too fast. Fingers crossed but I still think it's something else!!

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
But she's urinating right? You would have noticed a big change in her urination for days before the crisis as well as a slow change in appetite and behavior. This was too fast. Fingers crossed but I still think it's something else!!

she's peed once this morning but nothing since. It was clear and odorless which is normal for her. Abby's kidneys can't produce urine so she's pretty much peeing water.

It was too fast. You all saw her last night chasing blueberries! She was fine! I keep telling myself, her breath doesn't smell like ammonia. As long as there's no smell it will be ok. But will it?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm not ready for natural progression yet. I don't know if I'll ever be ready for natural progression. But I know that I'm not ready NOW! I can't lose her yet. I'm praying for anything which is ridiculous. @acarabias I hope she swallowed something. They can fix a swallowed something. I'm praying for a blockage or parasites or anything else that they can fix. They can't fix this natural progression business. I won't have any "natural progression" in my house! Not tonight!

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.