RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Hey all, the last 2 - 3 weeks we've notice some changes with Gizmo - Her eyes have been watering ALOT - to the point she now has tear stains - I've been giving her a single 25mg Benadryl tab in the morning and it seems to help her, but now her Tongue is more dark red than pink -

I'm not sure what (if any) changes might of happen, I mean we got Hershey - and they play pretty hard, and Hershey likes to work Gizmo's lips, jaws over with his puppy needle teeth.

A few new toys have been introduced into the house lately -

and we did a food change from ToTW (Damn recalls) back to Blue Buffalo.

Suggestions? Ideas? I have a feeling its going to be a vet call in the morning :/

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
A LACK of color in gums and/or tongue is cause for concern. Getting more red? No idea. Curious what your vet will say. Maybe those little needle teeth are just stimulating cell regeneration on those parts where Hershey's using Gizmo as a chew toy?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I just read that bright red gums and tongue could be the signs of infection, shock or excitement, so I would take her to the vets.

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
well, its not bright red (like fire engine red) its more like Brick red - Darker than normal - she is eating and drinking normally (that is when the pup isnt attacking her) and she is Poo'n and Pee'n normally, except when the pup is attacking her, I mean he'll put his head RIGHT IN THERE as she is trying to do her business, we are just waiting for him to get a face full of.... well use your imagination.

Her gums are nice and pink - and no odor out of her mouth - her usual vet isnt in on mondays, I'll observe her today - and try to get her in tomorrow.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
LOL@ Hershey the little jaws of impatience.

One of these days, her "puppy cards" will be all played and Gizmo is going to tell her what time it is. hee hee It will be shocking for Hershey but Gizmo will get some peace eventually. :)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
A LACK of color in gums and/or tongue is cause for concern. Getting more red? No idea. Curious what your vet will say. Maybe those little needle teeth are just stimulating cell regeneration on those parts where Hershey's using Gizmo as a chew toy?

Yep. The gums should be a nice, healthy pink.

White gums could indicate anemia or shock.
Bluish gums means the animal isnt getting enough oxygen, is having difficulty breathing or a circulatory problem.
Dark red of muddy looking gums could signify an infection

When Abby's gums start to go pale, I up her iron dose for the day.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.