Advantix.. good or bad?

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Well, so we had our first tick of the season about a month ago, to be more exact on May 5th. It was on Ulysses' face so we had an emergency vet remove it. She put some Adventix on him, and we didn't really say no, cause we thought it was OK if it would keep the ticks and fleas and what not off him. So today I gave him his second doses. And he seems fine, but I've been doing a little research and people says horrible stuff about it; that it can cause paralysis, neurological problems, and even death... I'm kind of concern and would like to ask if anyone has more experience with this or other anti-parasites products. Oh and one more thing, today I noticed he has a lump on his face were the tick had been.... is it normal??

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
I don't use flea/tick medications because the last time it left a permanent bald spot on Watson't back between the shoulder blades. I am only gonna give it to him if absolutely necessary. He doesn't have fleas and is bathed weekly.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I use Advantix and its a one time a month dose. You gave it to him 2 day in a row? Did they do blood work or say to come baack for re testing for the tick bite?

OP
Maife

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
I use Advantix and its a one time a month dose. You gave it to him 2 day in a row? Did they do blood work or say to come baack for re testing for the tick bite?

The vet gave it to him a month ago, on May 5th, and today I gave it to him again... so it's 4 weeks apart. No they didn't test or anything, it was just like OK is out and that's it.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Duh I read that wrong :) I would maybe hve some bloodwork done? Im not to sure about this! [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] can help with this

OP
Maife

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
I will take him to the vet tomorrow and get the lump checked... hopefully they'll do some blood work too just to be sure everything's fine.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.