Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
When your vet or doctor gets a little arrogant, it's perfectly appropriate to remind them they are "practicing medicine" which means they don't know everything and should listen to the client.....hope Banks is on the mend ASAP!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey everyone -- our girl is doing better, she slept most of the day -- was WAY too hot for them to do anything but lay in the AC and sleep. Three doses of Clavomax and the bleeding seems to have stopped, even though she is already on the antibiotic I did get a urine sample this morning that I will take to Dr. Rossi tomorrow.

Thanks for all your well wishes and support ! :hug:

Dr. Terry told me that breeds that pee low to the ground - like our bullys and his pugs -- are all prone to UTIs.

Never knew that ---- great info to have.

When your vet or doctor gets a little arrogant, it's perfectly appropriate to remind them they are "practicing medicine" which means they don't know everything and should listen to the client.....hope Banks is on the mend ASAP!

This is exactly what it was ... arrogance! Lewis said today "he (Dr. Johnson) is still to clinical about everything and has not accepted that the owner may know more than he does!"

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh christine [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] im so glad banks is doing better. :hug:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I am so sorry I missed all of this :(

Give Miss Banks a hug from me and please let us know what happened at the vet today.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sorry for the delayed update..... I met with Dr. Rossi yesterday and let him know my displeasure with Dr. Johnson; he was apologetic and very understanding. I explained I would no long accept an appointment with him and if he was the only available vet I would go to the ER instead. Dr. Rossi completed understood and was not happy with the whole situation. He did a full exam of Banks, including an ultrasound... her bladder is extremely inflamed and irritated so, since no tests were done at the first appointment (Dr. Johnson) and the ER gave us the Clavamax he said it is now difficult to determine if the bladder issues were causing her to not drink or if the not drinking caused the bladder issue. End result, finish the antibiotic and three days after completing the pills, get a urine sample and see what the test result is at that point.

He did not charge me for the visit and was very happy with Banks and Cheli's weight and how the look.

Thanks as always for all the support.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm so glad that Banks is finally getting the treatment she deserves ........ I pray for a speedy recovery for her!! :begging::luv:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sorry for the delayed update..... I met with Dr. Rossi yesterday and let him know my displeasure with Dr. Johnson; he was apologetic and very understanding. I explained I would no long accept an appointment with him and if he was the only available vet I would go to the ER instead. Dr. Rossi completed understood and was not happy with the whole situation. He did a full exam of Banks, including an ultrasound... her bladder is extremely inflamed and irritated so, since no tests were done at the first appointment (Dr. Johnson) and the ER gave us the Clavamax he said it is now difficult to determine if the bladder issues were causing her to not drink or if the not drinking caused the bladder issue. End result, finish the antibiotic and three days after completing the pills, get a urine sample and see what the test result is at that point.

He did not charge me for the visit and was very happy with Banks and Cheli's weight and how the look.

Thanks as always for all the support.

So glad he did not charge you, and glad he understood how you felt. He's awesome. She is feeling better I hope?

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes, Banks is feeling much better -- she is drinking as she normally does and currently chasing Cheli around the bedrooms.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Christine, very glad to here Banks is doing so better. Sounds like you have a good vet Dr. Rossi as he listened to you and didn't charge you. That's a shame that Banks had to go through more pain due to Dr. Johnson's incompetence. Give her a bit hug for me and :hug: to you too!!!!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Oh Christine so happy things are getting better! Big Big :hug: to Banks and Mama from all of us! Im here if you need anything!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks gang ...... hugs and big bully kisses to you from Banks!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.