Update on Banks

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
BabyGirl had a UTI but she did not pee blood she just lost her appetite and looked sad. She had an ear infection so I took her to the vet and I asked for a blood workup just as a precaution and the vet decided to do a urine test as well and it turned out she had a UTI and I wouldn't have known if she had not decided to do that urine test.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my chrisitine i was hoping for it to be nothing. yea i get ya with the vet stuff. my old vet the bigger the office got the less she cared about sarah as a dog it seemed. i am sorry banks has had to go through this but she has a good bully mama to help her. wishing her a speedy recovery :hug:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Damn. Well, Banks' experience is a good lesson for all of us. If we are as tuned in as you are, we shall INSIST on a urine test. Dr. Terry told me that breeds that pee low to the ground - like our bullys and his pugs -- are all prone to UTIs.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Aww. Im so sorry this happened to poor Banks. At least you know now and can stop any further pain. Hugs to you guys

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Damn. Well, Banks' experience is a good lesson for all of us. If we are as tuned in as you are, we shall INSIST on a urine test. Dr. Terry told me that breeds that pee low to the ground - like our bullys and his pugs -- are all prone to UTIs.
That is so true, especially for us new female owners that are still learning on the females bully needs. Emma pees right on the ground and is always wet, so much so I have little marks all over my carpet.

Christine, how's Bank's today? :hug: :heart:

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Seems like something they should have checked from the beginning but good thing she is on the road to recovery now

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Wow that is just amazing isnt it? And this Dr has earned a paycheck from that visit, which is even more irritating. This is why I dont like most drs or vets. Many have that same know it all attitude and talk down to you. So dang hard to find a great one and like you, when yours isnt available then what?!?! ugh.... Glad it isnt anything more at least (hoping anyhow)

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
all I gots to say is watch out Dr!!!!!!!!:angry::angry::angry: nothing worse then when we KNOW our bullies and they let the "dr" in them get in the way.. I got your text yesterday that she was drinking water and was so happy and thought all was good.. now I just got to read this.. I hope she feels better soon ... keep us posted.. lots of bully love from Duke :heart:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I am so sorry Banks has to go through this. Too many vets don't credit us Bully owners with being really in touch with our babies. Get better soon, sweet Banks!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh Christine..I'm sorry..was gone until now and just catching up! Poor Banks! I'm right there with you about vets. This is a great lesson for all of us. No one knows our doggies like we do..nobody! I hope she is better..the clavamox should be helping. :hug:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.