Update on Banks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our poor baby girl.... good news is she is drinking water again as of last night; bad news - appears she has a UTI. I noticed earlier today her urine was pretty dark and then Lewis noticed blood in her urine at 6:30pm. As I was sitting typing an update for you all, Lewis came upstairs around 9pm... "she just tried to pee -- nothing but blood.

We are both really upset, because this means she has been in pain all week and if Dr. Johnson :angry: would have done a simple urine test last Saturday we would have caught it early and she would not be in pain now and we would not be out 2 hours and $250 from a trip to the ER. I will be taking her to Dr. Rossi on Monday.. going to call first thing @8:00AM and get in to see him and only him for her to have the necessary tests run... if we did them tonight the cost would be $600 before any medication. I will also be talking with Dr. Rossi about Dr. Johnson - his arrogance and inability to know when an owner is aware and in-tune to their baby. Since we did not do the test with the ER, we will with Dr. Rossi (urine, culture and xrays or ultrasound) and pray it is nothing more than a UTI.

My gut was telling me she had something going on with her bladder.... seems like I may have been right. So upset - poor girl was in a lot of unnecessary pain. :bang:

On a good note -- we met this 8 month old sweetie named 'Jack Burger' ... one of the vet techs at the ER was given him due to a heart condition and the breeder wanted him with a person that either was bulldog knowledgeable or a vet tech ... he is a totally love bug and has a freckled ear.

6912008.jpg

Last edited:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I just sent you a text! I understand totally your frustration with the Dr Johnson. Glad she is drinking water and you got her some meds for the UTI...Hopefully all the other tests are good and she passes this fast! Big :hug: to you both!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I just sent you a text! I understand totally your frustration with the Dr Johnson. Glad she is drinking water and you got her some meds for the UTI...Hopefully all the other tests are good and she passes this fast! Big :hug: to you both!

Thanks so much for being their, Roe. I am just so upset because she is in pain and was all week... I am tempted to send a text message to Dr. Rossi now, but I'll wait till Monday

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
What is is with doctors that cannot do a simple test!!! So sorry Banks has had to go through the pain. Hoping that it's nothing more than a UTI. :hug: :hug: :hug:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Thanks so much for being their, Roe. I am just so upset because she is in pain and was all week... I am tempted to send a text message to Dr. Rossi now, but I'll wait till Monday

Anytime! I know that your upset about this but you did all you could have done! The Dr should have realized and done the proper tests that are needed....Thats why we take them to the vet b/c we cant diagnose/treat the issues that come up! You take a deep breath and get some rest tonight! Give Banks a big big :hug: and smooch from us! Text me anytime for anything! Im here!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What is is with doctors that cannot do a simple test!!! So sorry Banks has had to go through the pain. Hoping that it's nothing more than a UTI. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Exactly, Jeannie. I was telling Roe -- I am so upset!! Just knowing how painful a UTI is for us, :cursing:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
You have a right to let Dr. Rossi know how upset you are with the other doc's imcompentence. I'm going to assume he's not familar with females? And if so, he needs to go back to Basic 101 Vet School.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
awww I sure hope Banks will be feeling better soon. Hope it's nothing more serious...wishing for a speedy recovery.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You have a right to let Dr. Rossi know how upset you are with the other doc's imcompentence. I'm going to assume he's not familar with females? And if so, he needs to go back to Basic 101 Vet School.

I will be telling him all about it on Monday... Dr Rossi will not be happy with it at all and we will NEVER make another visit to Dr. Johnson. It will be Joe or we wait... in a back against the wall issue, we also really trust two other of the Dr's in the hospital.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Do you think some cranberry juice or something might help her until then? [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh boy this really hits home for me since I had a similar Exp with Marlow.... Same issue... you would think that these same things (UTI and abcess) would be taught in basic 101 vet school!!! I feel your frustration sister!!! Call me if you feel like ranting about vets for awhile cuz I am officially fired up!!! Sweet Banks, I hope she feels better real quick!!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So glad she is drinking water, and hoping for a speedy recovery on the UTI. Jack is a cutie, looks very sweet.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.