JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Overall they're doing great. :up: Emma was being rechecked for her teeth now that's they're all in and to have her vulva check for spaying purposes. Her vulva is "immature" he said and he doens't want to spay her until she has her first heat. He wanted me to keep her lady area cleaned with destine which I will. I had only been wiping her down Her bottom teeth will be ok (she's missing one and two are a bit set back). Her top teeth, well two of those will need to come out (they're extras and are causing her to split her bottom lip). He'll take those two out when she's spayed. I'll take her in two weeks after her first heat and then she'll be check and then scheduled for spaying. She's 6.5 months right now.

Wilson, well I wanted him to be checked for a possible injury to his right rear leg. He has a pulled groin and is now on a muscle relaxer. About 4 weeks ago he was being stubborn and would not come in from the front yard so I picked up him and proceeded to carry him. Emma got under my feet and tripped me carring him and we fell to the ground on the garage floor. He started limping and struggling with stairs the following day and I immediately noticed that he wasn't jumping up on his FAVORITE chair that he was always in. He's still not jumping on and walks a bit stiff and is struggling on stairs (he used to run up them and now he doesn't). It'll just take some time to heal is all - 2 to 4 months. Not a big deal overall though. :)

Good vet visit all and all.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Cool, always nice to get a good vet visit, and hope Wilson has a speedy recovery.

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
How much did Emma weigh? They did not check Katara's vulva when they spayed her, I hope she wasn't too young. Aldo has one extra tooth on top too, but they told me they didn't have to take it out, as long as he is eating ok.. but, I have not noticed any cutting into his bottom lip though... I am telling you that Emma and Aldo are the soul mates of the rabbit teeth and extra teeth.. :bully: :luv::bully:
I love Wilson, I hope he heals fast! How much did he weigh? Katara weighed about 42 lbs a couple weeks ago and Aldo 46 two months ago when he got neutered.. (probably more now)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
That sounds good Jeannie. Wilson will heal with time and then he'll be jumping on his favorite chair again in no time. I can't believe Emma's already 6.5mos old!! oh my!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad it was a good visit overall, and SO glad it was not something worse for Wilson. My little Emma is getting all grown up!!! I agree if she has a tight vulva it is a good idea to let her go into heat, it can bring it out so there is less chance of infections.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Glad the visit went well! Hope for Wilson to be jumping around soon! :)

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
How much did Emma weigh? They did not check Katara's vulva when they spayed her, I hope she wasn't too young. Aldo has one extra tooth on top too, but they told me they didn't have to take it out, as long as he is eating ok.. but, I have not noticed any cutting into his bottom lip though... I am telling you that Emma and Aldo are the soul mates of the rabbit teeth and extra teeth.. :bully: :luv::bully:
I love Wilson, I hope he heals fast! How much did he weigh? Katara weighed about 42 lbs a couple weeks ago and Aldo 46 two months ago when he got neutered.. (probably more now)
When Emma went in a couple months back for her rabies shot he wanted to see her back in a couple months (today) to check her vulva. Her two upper teeth are what's cutting her bottom lip. Wilson was neutered at 1 year 1 month and he weighed 56.2. The vet's scale today he was almost 53.

Emma weigh in at the vet was 32.5ish. Their scales are off to the Wii we weigh them with at home by about 2 lbs.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
How are you? You took a tumble too!
I had a little scrape but I was ok. When we fell I was only concerned of protecting Wilson because it was his side we fell on. :(

Glad it was a good visit overall, and SO glad it was not something worse for Wilson. My little Emma is getting all grown up!!! I agree if she has a tight vulva it is a good idea to let her go into heat, it can bring it out so there is less chance of infections.
She's growing up fast Lisa. I had to ask him how I would know when she goes into shy of the red spots that will end up on my semi white carpet, lol. She's very petite. She could be an agility bully though, she's fast, she can jump like there's no tomorrow and she's quick on the turn when running with Jack. :up:

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Katara was 34 lbs when they spayed her and after that she filled out and is now a hefty 42-43 lbs in only 2.5 months. I thought she would stay petite like Emma but she will definitly be average weighted female bulldog.. I bet you Emma will fill out too after her surgery.. It might not even be related with the surgery just normal bulldog progression. Aldo has always been heavier and wider boned and bigger head too :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
AH.... poor Wilson. I think he needs to come stay with me so I can spoil him and help him heal up :D

Most Reactions