SICK Angus!!

elyrig

Feb 16, 2012
SO-CAL
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus and Eddie
So Tuesday evening I noticed Angus didn't touch his food. We still took him for a walk and he had a very soft stool and threw up. What came out of him was like a huge hairball looking thing. Then when he got home he threw up about 5 times!! 3 of those times it was pink, it looked like cool-aid. We took him in to our emergency vet. He spent the night and they had an Iv on him all night. They did x-rays, blood work, and a ultrasound. They found Nothing abnormal.
We picked him up and took him to his regular vet. That had just neutered him on Friday. He told us to take him home and just keep an eye on him. He did good, he spent most of the day just sleeping. The vet also told us not to feed him or give him water until today. Today I gave him a little bit of water and he hasn't touched it. The vet said to feed him tonight some boiled chicken and rice. Hopefully he eats if not he will have to go to the vet in the morning. He also went to bathroom today and it was extremely soft.
I hope nothing major is going on. Any advice or suggestion let me know. I just want my baby back to his old self.

Attachments

• IMG_20120606_084347.jpg
    IMG_20120606_084347.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 118

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
scary.... hug and positive thoughts for it to be nothing serious. Wonder if it is a delayed reaction to the anesthesia

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Delayed reaction is what I'm thinking too. Unless he ate something he shouldn't have and that's why he threw up (it explains the hairball). Abby ate newspaper yesterday and threw up 3 times last night.

If he still isn't drinking try to give him a little apple juice or chicken broth.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
awww poor Baby!! Duke was at the ER vet last week too for vomiting. I am thinking like the others a delayed reaction to the anesthesia, you did the right thing though.. it took Duke a few days to have a firm poop.. BUT if he is not eating tomorrow or wanting water I would call the vet. they gave Duke this shot ( it was $65.00 ) that helped calm his belly and helps them stop throwing up.. he was eating by the next day.. Big hugs.. it is so upsetting when they are sick:heart:

ziviabell

May 22, 2011
Orange County, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hershie
I'll get you the nutritional value of V-dog. At least they kept him hydrated at the ER. It sounds like he swallowed something that he shouldn't have. Don't you think?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
My first thought was es eaten something and trying to get it out. Jake has eaten sooo many strange things and even though we watch him ..they are sneaky! Maybe he threw most of it up..jake would barf like 2 weeks later and after one lovely episode...he had strings coming out his butt from a towel he devoured! :cursing: Just a thought...I hope he is over the worse and back to his sweet self soon!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
So sorry to hear this...praying Angus will be better soon!

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
My first thought was es eaten something and trying to get it out. Jake has eaten sooo many strange things and even though we watch him ..they are sneaky! Maybe he threw most of it up..jake would barf like 2 weeks later and after one lovely episode...he had strings coming out his butt from a towel he devoured! :cursing: Just a thought...I hope he is over the worse and back to his sweet self soon!

Aubrey did the same "string" thing. One day she pooped and out came a thick, 2 foot long string that was from her pulling the strings out of a rope bone. Needless to say, there are no more rope bones in this house.

I really hope Angus gets better. Hopefully he will perk up and get better. Give him hugs from me and Aubie Shug!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Maybe try some probiotics? I used what's called, 'fast track'. It's in the refrig at the holistic dog food store. Works VERY quickly with my dogs when they have diarrhea or upset tummy. Just a thought. Can't hurt.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh no, this does not sound good. Did they give him any antibiotics? Did he have a fever? Prayers for sweet Angus!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
you have already gotten good advice and thoughts so i will just say i hope angus feels better soon :hug:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.