diarrhea while on a walk??

LulasxMom

Feb 11, 2012
bakersfield, ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Lula
Lula east a cup of acana twice a day and I don't have any problems with her at home, her stool is hard and well formed. When I take her out for a walk, diarrea leaks out of her while she is walking. She doesn't strain or anything, it just leaks out. I bathe her when I get home. I have started to walk her before i feed her but it makes no difference. this only happens when we walk, not sure if it's because she pulls when we walk? made her appointment at the vet and they said they could run parasite testing?

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
yes I would see what the vet says.. especially because it is just running from her?
on a different note but kind of the same.. Duke goes to the bathroom in our back yard.. it is always super firm.. Whevever I walk him to the park it is super soft sometimes a bit runny. I always thought it was because he gets super excited when he is there. ??:cry:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
**bump** I want other folks to be sure and see this.

Maybe this is due to the pulling? I've never heard of such a thing but having the vet do a parasite test is always a good idea. It's a cheap/easy way to check that off of the list so you can move onto the next possible cause. Others will hopefully have more wisdom for you.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I can't imagine how pulling on one side can cause leaking on the other? I've never heard of anything like this. Please let us know what the vet says.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thank you for bumping this [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION]

Maybe there is some straining while walking, or the excitement of it all is causing straining. I would be very interested in knowing what it is! Please keep us updated.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I can't imagine how pulling on one side can cause leaking on the other? I've never heard of anything like this. Please let us know what the vet says.

Oh? Can't imagine huh?
Ever bent down to get that CROCK POT out of the bottom cupboard and as you're bringing it up, you get very un-lady-like for a moment and blame the dogs? This has never, ever happened to me, but I've heard about it.

Maybe all that pulling on the leash is exerting pressure elsewhere?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Oh? Can't imagine huh?
Ever bent down to get that CROCK POT out of the bottom cupboard and as you're bringing it up, you get very un-lady-like for a moment and blame the dogs? This has never, ever happened to me, but I've heard about it.

:hmm: Hear about it :ROFL: LOL

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I never heard this happen from excitement...curious to see what the vet says! Hopefully its nothing :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online