don't laugh !!!

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Ok so we have to take Duke back to the vet on Saturday .. remember he had the stomach bug last week ( he is much better ! :whew:).. anyway when he was there they drew blood, told us all looked good but his blood sugar was a little high.. the vet thinks it was because he was dehydrated but wants to recheck just to be sure.. In any case he told us to bring a urine sample?? please don't laugh but does anyone have any tips on how the heck I am going to do this??????

:laugh:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
You may want to try a pee pad, but have him go on the back portion of the pad, NOT the absorbant part. Then you may be able to pour whatever you get into a cup to take to the vet. I only know b/c my boys were trained on pee pads and many times they've peed on the wrong side and there have been little puddles of pee. Just my 2 cents!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Great idea cali baker! Hope it works and really hope Duke is ok! *sending hugs*

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
thanks!!! that is a good idea.. I can just see this now! I think he is ok, the vet really thinks it was a little high because he was up all night getting sick and was dehydrated.. :)

the things we do for our bullies!! :heart:

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
i always let the vet do it... honestly they stick a tube in there and bam done...takes about 30 seconds.

SUMOPUP

Jul 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
i had the worst experience. they told me that i needed to bring in urine sample from sumo from her first pee of the day!!! and i had to let it run a little before i went to get the sample. so early in the morning i got up with plastic gloves on and got in there. it was NOT pretty. Thank goodness for those gloves!

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
oh my goodness.. this is too funny! :ROFL: I guess there really is no easy way to do it ! ha ha

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
God that would be hard!! I was thinking maybe stick a bowl-pan under him, (Vegas pees like a girl) but I know the minute I would do that he would pinch it off. I am glad I have never had to do this, I would be asking the same question!!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I had to do this with Bella. I did it just like [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] said: when the dog squats down, slide a low edged bowl underneath. Works like a charm

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
God that would be hard!! I was thinking maybe stick a bowl-pan under him, (Vegas pees like a girl) but I know the minute I would do that he would pinch it off. I am glad I have never had to do this, I would be asking the same question!!

Okay good so Brutus isnt alone at this! I dont think he will ever learn to lift the leg :)

[MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION] I agree either the pee pee pad or using a bowel. Good Luck :) :hug: to Duke

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
the upside down pee pad works best of all. I've never trusted with the doctor goes in to get it. That could introduce extra bacteria into the urinary tract.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
thanks!!! that is a good idea.. I can just see this now! I think he is ok, the vet really thinks it was a little high because he was up all night getting sick and was dehydrated.. :)

the things we do for our bullies!! :heart:

I always just used a plastic bowl... slid it under him when he squatted -- then it was trashed.

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Okay good so Brutus isnt alone at this! I dont think he will ever learn to lift the leg :)

@BabyDuke I agree either the pee pee pad or using a bowel. Good Luck :) :hug: to Duke

ha ha ha got to love these boys. Duke lifts his leg in the yard but at the park he refuses to ha ha ha !!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.