Shedding like crazy

TitanAres

Mar 7, 2012
Corpus Christi, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Titan Ares
Does anyone else's EB shed like mine? I feel like there's nothing I can do. Titans fur is taking over my house! He's currently on Fromm puppy gold holistic. I brush him everyday, 2x per day with a furminator and top paw brush. I was told that 1 raw egg and 1 boiled egg a week was good for his coat and a great source of protein (but doesn't help with his flatulence). I vacuum everyday with the dyson and even bought a roomba to help on those lazy days. Even the roomba is getting over worked. I bathe him once every 2 weeks and still he manages to shed all over the house. I want to give him some fish oil but confused with all the choices that are out there. Can someone please help!?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Bulldogs do shed, but they also blow their coats about 2x a year. During this time it will seem as if they will be bald soon with the amount of hair you find! Late spring and early summer is prime time for shedding, so hopefully it will improve soon, but they will always shed, just not as much.

Kozman

Nov 13, 2011
NYC
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
My girl is shedding like crazy, driving my wife nuts. It's all over the place, on the floor, couch, stairs, we took her in the car the other day and now the back seat looks like a barber shop floor. We also furminate, it helps, but it seems like it never stops. My girl is mostly white so it shows up everywhere.....

LoveMyBully82

Aug 30, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
My girl is shedding like crazy, driving my wife nuts. It's all over the place, on the floor, couch, stairs, we took her in the car the other day and now the back seat looks like a barber shop floor. We also furminate, it helps, but it seems like it never stops. My girl is mostly white so it shows up everywhere.....

I recently cleaned out the my SUV and Jackson will NOT be riding in there anytime soon. I'm in TX and it is HOT here so I was sweating and vacuuming and wiping and sweating. We'll take him in the car from now on...less to clean!

wendykerr

Jun 3, 2012
Cibolo, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Larry aka Lawrence Tiberius
Larry sheds like crazy, too. White dog and brown tile floors :) I tease my hubby that we need carpet to match Larry, so if I don't vacuum or sweep twice a day - no one will notice :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Buy a Kong ZoomGroom... about 10 bucks. Use it everyday for a few minutes outside... it really helps in getting the under-coat out of them

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My guys are shedding like crazy lately too. Like desertsky said, it's their winter coat they're trying to get rid of. :yes:

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Chaos sheds insane amounts daily. I have never noticed it getting better....or worse....its always tons of hair. I cant stand it, im at my wits end actually. I need help as well .....walks away screaming.....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Chaos sheds insane amounts daily. I have never noticed it getting better....or worse....its always tons of hair. I cant stand it, im at my wits end actually. I need help as well .....walks away screaming.....

Seriously... this thing is awesome "Buy a Kong ZoomGroom... about 10 bucks. Use it everyday for a few minutes outside... it really helps in getting the under-coat out of them"

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I will vouch for the ZoomGroom too. It works awesome on all the dogs. Tank isn't much of a shedder but I get tons of hair from his coat with that thing!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
That Zoom Groom thing is awesome. I have also noticed a reduction in shedding when I started adding Salmon oil to their food - but the benefits in that regard have topped out now. There's nothing like a good rubbin' with that rubber zoom brush. And they love it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.