Neosporin?

May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
Hi there -
Even though I have a thread going on here to document Oliver's TTA surgery and recovery, I wanted to post this question on its own for some feedback.
While the hospital did a great job on his leg, I don't feel like they gave us a heck of a lot of information for Oliver's recovery. Thankfully, I've been compiling information leading up to his surgery.
But here is a question I didn't think to ask the surgeon: Now that Oliver's stitches are out, would it be okay to put a small amount of Neosporin on it? He can't reach it, so licking isn't an issue (he is so round...lol) but I'm sure now that the stitches are out, it might be a bit itchy as it heals. Has anyone ever used Neosporin (or Bacitracin) on their pet's incision?

Thanks!
:)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby hasn't had any surgeries but I use Neosporin on the scratches and sores left by the mange. I was using this yellow holistic stuff, but we ran out of it.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I put Neosporin on anything and everything as a "first pass". Don't think it can hurt.

OP
AdventuresWithOliver
May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
Thanks! I've used it before on our first bulldog for minor things, but never on an incision. Have a few other people echoing what I feel is always reassuring. ;)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agreed, now that the stitches are out it is closed so it's fine.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.