Written with a heavy heart

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Took Annie to the vets today to discuss her allergies as they are out of control,she has scabs on her leg,stomached,pits and face,very sad to say but the vet says there is nothing he can do and advised me to put her to sleep,he read through her list of allergies there are 37 altogether,even down to diesel exhaust fumes,he said allergy shots would not be good as her allergies are so many and the shots would not cure her,and even if they did the possibility of different allergies cropping up are very likely,steroids will only alleviate the scratching and she would have to have them all her life,she is now developing hard lumps on her body due to allergies,he said she is a very sick dog,so after thinking long and hard I am having her put to sleep tommoroww morning ,bringing her home and burying her in the garden that she could not play in,tonight she is having steak,then I'm letting her play as long as she wants on the grass!!!my sons are devastated but realise that Annie cannot live a good life as a dog should,I've buckets already at the thought of losing my friend is so hard but for her this I must do,I thank you for all your support and help whilst I have been on this forum ,and I will check in from time to time for a chat,Karen and Annie xx

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
:cry: Karen, this is so sad, I know how much you love Annie and how you have tried everything there is to try to help her live a better life. I am sorry a solution was not found, and I know you have thought long and hard about this, and if you decided to do this is because it is the right decision. It is going to be painful to see her go...

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Oh no! what a terrible position you are in. my whole heart goes out to you right now. Is she in pain and miserable? How old is Annie? Dublin has very bad allergies and has been on and off steroids, and i have her on Benydryl for now. Her Dr. can't find any other meds that dont' make her very sick so I am doing what i can. She has bad breathing problems so have to be very watchful of her. So far none of the awful skin stuff that poor Annie is experiencing. I can't even imagine what the next 24 hours are going to be like for you and your family. you are a lot stronger than I could ever be. I wish you only the best and I am so sorry you are going through this.

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
I am so sorry, I know what your going thru, there is not much anyone can do but pray, My heart goes out to you.

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Oh no! what a terrible position you are in. my whole heart goes out to you right now. Is she in pain and miserable? How old is Annie? Dublin has very bad allergies and has been on and off steroids, and i have her on Benydryl for now. Her Dr. can't find any other meds that dont' make her very sick so I am doing what i can. She has bad breathing problems so have to be very watchful of her. So far none of the awful skin stuff that poor Annie is experiencing. I can't even imagine what the next 24 hours are going to be like for you and your family. you are a lot stronger than I could ever be. I wish you only the best and I am so sorry you are going through this.
She's only 2 and has been battling this for the last 14 months,but enough is enough,she's in pain and unhappy now ,it's my duty to let her go even though it's like losing a child and believe me I know how that feels,karen

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Saying that I'm sorry you are going through this I'm sure means nothing right now. We do the best we can, for as long as we can. You have done that and so much more. You, Annie and your entire family will stay in my prayers today. :cry:

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
oh I am so very sorry. Give her love from all of us please

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry to hear this news. I'm sorry I don't remember all the details but have you tried a different food or even a different vet? I don't mean to sound like I'm judging you because I'm not, just offering other ideas before tomorrow. I wish there was something I could do to help, as I know this is not an easy decision to make. Please give her a hug from us and we will keep her in our prayers.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my gawd Karen. I wish I could fix this for you. This forum is such a great support but this is the hard part of it. The sorrow and pain that comes with loving so many members and their babies. Hugs to you and sweet Annie. :*(

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Hugs to you Karen and Annie. Im so sorry to hear this

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
You are a strong individual to make that decision for Annie and not think of yourself. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I am so sorry to hear this, I could not even imagine what you are going through right now. This makes me so sad for you and your family. I wish there was something else that could be done, but if she is in pain then you know what is best for sweet Annie. I will be thinking about you, Annie and your family today. :cry:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I'm so sorry this is happening - I'm praying for you and your baby Annie. I hope you find strength here and courage to do what's best for Annie. I know it's not easy. My heart goes out to you.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online