Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 66

Thread: Written with a heavy heart

  1. #49
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    BabyDuke's Avatar
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    1,212
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Written with a heavy heart

    I am so very sorry I am so late getting to this thread. RIP ANNIE .. God Bless you Karen I can only imagine the pain you and your family are going through.

  2. #50
    Rescue Volunteer acarabias's Avatar
    Location
    El Paso, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,562
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Written with a heavy heart

    RIP beautiful sweet girl. I am devastated. Karen it was your decision to make, I know many of us won't understand it but we weren't there with her seeing her go through this every. Day. Of. Her. Life.....
    Annie please run and jump.. You are free now

    Eagerly and Nervously awaiting the homecoming of Bruno Cannoli

  3. #51
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Written with a heavy heart

    I am sorry Annie had to suffer so much and that you had to make such a final decision. At first I was angry and somehow I have come to understand your decision. It made me remember that feeling I had when in 2002 when I had to make the decision to turn off the life support for my 28 year old son. I am truly sorry for your loss. @karenben
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  4. #52
    My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Twice's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bev
    Location
    Woodbridge Township, NJ
    Posts
    2,711
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Written with a heavy heart

    @karenben please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you at this most awful time in your life. I know the pain you are dealing with now, I have felt it in the past and will again sometime in the hopefully not too near future. I know that the day will come when I will have to say goodbye to my Abby far sooner than I should have to. Believe me, I know the stress and frustrations of dealing with a 24/7 illness, I think all of us here do. I know how taxing it is both emotionally and financially. We have good days and we have bad days but when the bad start to outnumber the good we have to do the impossible. In my house, we talk of a future with Abby and leg braces but we all know, somewhere deep in our hearts that either she won't be with us long enough to get there or they won't help her enough to matter.

    I admire your courage in facing all that you have these past 2 years. I applaud your determination to defeat the lousy immune system that Annie was born with. And I am grateful for all that I have learned from you.

    Cry today for what you have lost. Then smile tomorrow safe in the knowledge that you gave her the best life possible

    For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012


    Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

  5. #53
    Rescue Volunteer acarabias's Avatar
    Location
    El Paso, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,562
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Written with a heavy heart

    @Twice beautifully said!

    Eagerly and Nervously awaiting the homecoming of Bruno Cannoli

  6. #54
    Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    1,056
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Written with a heavy heart

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    I am sorry Annie had to suffer so much and that you had to make such a final decision. At first I was angry and somehow I have come to understand your decision. It made me remember that feeling I had when in 2002 when I had to make the decision to turn off the life support for my 28 year old son. I am truly sorry for your loss. @karenben
    I'm so sorry ,what a decision for a mother to make it makes my decision so small,I felt you disappointment in your messages and new you were angry,but sometimes we make the hardest decisions and we think we will never recover,and we never fully recover we just live with it,I know this as I had to make the biggest decision in my life when I could no longer care for my brain damaged daughter ,the guilt was indescribable ,after 20 yrs of caring for her and my other kids suffering because of her illness ,she lives with 2 careers and we see her weekly,she is so loved ,so I rest in the knowledge that for now she is as happy as she can be but she craves a family of her own,she craves a job,she craves a normal life but will never have it,though she's here ,in one way she isn't ,but life goes on and we just have to get up each morning and breath in and out,this morning is the first morning without Annie,and I know I made the right decision ,the last month has been hell for her,the first thing I would do is wash her then cream her,then a stroll to the lamppost for a pee by the time we got back her breathing would be laboured,this we did 3 times a day,that's no life for a 2 yr old dog!so I feel better this morning ,I will always miss her naughty behaviour,farting,burping,humping!,those eyes that say what you looking at ,but I have some good memories and really that's what life boils down to in the end , memories,Karen

  7. #55
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Written with a heavy heart

    @karenben....peace to you...we do the best we can..

  8. #56
    Kennel Cleaner airmike1's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mike Sutherland
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida, United States
    Posts
    77
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elliott.
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Written with a heavy heart

    Kare,

    I am extremely sorry for what Annie, you and your family went through. What a very difficult decision! Annie is at peace playing with all of the other bulldogs and pets that wait for us on the other side of the rainbow. When my Winston passed in his sleep one year this July, me being a non religious man became religious soon after his departure. It was tough getting through that!! But the people here on this website helped raise me up. Seven months after Winston passed, a friend that I met on here (Goobersmom) motivated me and now I have baby puppy Elliott waiting for me to come home from work this morning. Hang in there Karen, lots of prayers to you and your family.
    Mike

  9. #57
    Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    1,056
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Written with a heavy heart

    Quote Originally Posted by airmike1 View Post
    Kare,

    I am extremely sorry for what Annie, you and your family went through. What a very difficult decision! Annie is at peace playing with all of the other bulldogs and pets that wait for us on the other side of the rainbow. When my Winston passed in his sleep one year this July, me being a non religious man became religious soon after his departure. It was tough getting through that!! But the people here on this website helped raise me up. Seven months after Winston passed, a friend that I met on here (Goobersmom) motivated me and now I have baby puppy Elliott waiting for me to come home from work this morning. Hang in there Karen, lots of prayers to you and your family.
    Mike
    Ahh god bless elliot,a dog certainly lifts the spirits and is always loyal,karen

  10. #58
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,140
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11479

    Default Re: Written with a heavy heart

    Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    @karenben please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you at this most awful time in your life. I know the pain you are dealing with now, I have felt it in the past and will again sometime in the hopefully not too near future. I know that the day will come when I will have to say goodbye to my Abby far sooner than I should have to. Believe me, I know the stress and frustrations of dealing with a 24/7 illness, I think all of us here do. I know how taxing it is both emotionally and financially. We have good days and we have bad days but when the bad start to outnumber the good we have to do the impossible. In my house, we talk of a future with Abby and leg braces but we all know, somewhere deep in our hearts that either she won't be with us long enough to get there or they won't help her enough to matter.

    I admire your courage in facing all that you have these past 2 years. I applaud your determination to defeat the lousy immune system that Annie was born with. And I am grateful for all that I have learned from you.

    Cry today for what you have lost. Then smile tomorrow safe in the knowledge that you gave her the best life possible
    Well said Bev..... Karen - my heart aches for you as I could not imagine the pain in making this decision... Annie will be missed - I love seeing her beautiful face.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  11. #59
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    MamaAndi's Avatar
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    2,550
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)
    120

    Default Re: Written with a heavy heart

    I just wanted to say thankyou for all the wonderful information you have shared with us on EBN. I for one have benefited from your raw feeding posts and telling us about supplements and whatnot. I hope you will still pop in to EBN every once and awhile.

  12. #60
    ..........
    Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Location
    Grafton, OHIO
    Posts
    8,746
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Written with a heavy heart

    @karenben Maggie left us on Thursday, and I hope that she and Annie are playing together at Rainbows Bridge. I understand and share your heartbreak, even though we know we made the right decision it doesn't make it any easier to live with.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •