Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Written with a heavy heart

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Written with a heavy heart

I would give my life. I would give my soul for Maggie to have what Annie has right now. Because there are still options. Please continue to search and contine to look, or give Annie to somebody who is willing to continue the wonderful job you have done so far.

Don't give up on Annie now. You will never forgive yourself.

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

I've been in such despair about this. My Wilson chews his paws all day and of course all day long I intervene. I've gone through days where I felt like I wanted to pull my hair out and felt sorry for myself and then I came out of that tunnel and decided I wasn't going to cry to myself about it. This is our reality and we will just deal with it the best we can. I'll just keep washing and drying those paws, wiping those eyes of crusties and take him for walks, yes even if I'm exposing him to more plant material because nothing makes him happier than smelling the flowers and plants. I wash his paws and start all over again and if need be again and again but it has never crossed my mind to put him to sleep because I know if I could ask him he would choose to live. My other options would be to get him a steroid shot but I put that off as long as I can. February was his last shot and so we've made it this far without one. It is an individual choice one has to make on a dogs quality of life but in my head I don't feel Annie is at that point. Maybe you just need a break from the situation. Could not someone watch her for a few days so you can refresh your mind a bit? My brain says it's your choice to make but my heart screams for you not to do this.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Real Name
    Veronica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
    Likes (Received)

Please please check out this website for dogs with allergies and give it a try first!
    Last edited by kazzy220; 06-03-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

I just have no words, but I have to agree with so many here that pls there must be a way. For example what babybully suggested.

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

I thank you all for your kind words and thoughts,and all your suggestions were good ones,but unfortunately Annie had 37 listed allergens,it's not as simple as people think,if it were then believe me I would keep trying,her body was riddled with sores,lumps and yellow hotspots,,even her breathing became laboured due to allergy to diesel fuel from cars,the vet this morning told my husband he's never seen allergies so bad and that she may even become allergic to herself,I know many will not agree with the decision I made but I did not make it easily,I made it for Annie not myself,she was in torment and I could no longer watch her knowing she had no quality of life,seeing her at peace has made me only more sure that I made the right decision,when the vet injected her he said ,Annie you can play on all the grass now which set my husband and son crying,so as you can see its hard for all of us,she did not feel a thing just went sleep peacefully,and I feel happy for her now she's no longer itching and chewing at her body as hard as the last 14 months have been I feel I had a special friend in Annie ,we had a bond and it was my duty as her friend to help her,karen

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

I admire your strength and commitment to Annie.

God Bless you and your family, Karen. My heart is with you this day. Believe that.

Annie's journey was a short one but in all her troubles, she has helped SO MANY other bullies with similar issues. Annie's legacy is grand one. We are all better for knowing her through you.

Lucy-licious

Godbless this little Angel, playing with so many others at the Bridge. Karen may Annie rest in peace xx

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

I am absolutely devastated by this. Goodbye my angel Annie run n play. Can't type anymore now

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Hugs for you and your family. It was just hard for me to accept but now I see she was in a bad way and you relieved her suffering. You've always been such an inspiration as I saw how hard you tried to track down the sources of her allergies and I followed all your posts to see what new thing you had researched and you always put a smile on my face with the way you word things. I'll remember how you thought it was the flooring, the cat, the food and how you put a t-shirt on her and how patient your husband had been through it all. Somehow through all this you kept your sweet sense of humor about things in general and so I did not realize how grave things had become. I am in tears for you and your family having to deal with this loss. I share my EBN world with my husband as he has glaucoma so I try to relay what I read and he's now in tears as well. He's happy that she got to eat steak and play on the grass and now she will always be free. Thank you for all you've done and especially for sharing beautiful Annie
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

This news is so sad. I guess I don't fully understand why shots would not have at least of been tried, just tried. I don't judge you as it wasn't my decision to make. It's not one I would have made before trying everything first even if she had 37 listed allergens. Your decision though and it's been made. May I ask though why a rescue or rehome to another area was not even considered? I understand if you don't want to answer but I know there's many of us here, myself included, that are left wondering why that was an option for Annie. May she RIP.
    Last edited by JeannieCO; 06-02-2012 at 09:43 AM.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Veronica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
    Likes (Received)

Hugs and kisses for you and your family I will cherish everyday with my bullies even more now in honor of your Annie.

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

If a dog has 37 allergies and it takes up to a year to trial just 1with shots and remember its only a trial as the shots do not work in the majority of dogs then she would never have even lived long enough anyway,I know where most of you are comming from but sometimes you have to say enough is enough ,when a dog never rests from itching just think of the emotional stress it's going through,this last month she had been so bad she has looked at me as if to say help me please that's how bad it's been for her,yes the very odd day she would stop for the odd hour and I would think oh good it's calming but then it would start again,if a dog at 2years old is becoming breathless just because you have walked it a few feet to the lamppost for a pee,the pustle on her paw grew 3 times the size in 1week ,so her allergies were taking hold so fast and she was suffering ,she is at peace now as am I ,but have to say the house is so quiet it's sad,karen

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads