Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Anyone else have a Bully that has a runny nose? Max' nose runs non-stop. I'm constantly wiping his nose. Is there anything I can give him to provide some relief. ?? Benadryl has not done anything!

Am3gross

May 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Hemi
Any kind of cough with it, my hemi had a clear runny nose which the doc said was Kennal cough, the yellowish green that I just took her in for was pnemonia, hopefully some one more experienced will chime in for you

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Lucy has a runny nose most of the time, and it doesn't bother her.

Twisted tails

May 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Crumpet, Blossom, Tinkerbelle
I have a french bulldog with this problem and so I did a lot of research and it seems it is an allergy , with clarice she is allergic to chicken.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Stella has a runny nose too! It doesnt seem to bother her though. She also gets runny eyes. I think its allergies!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Stella has a runny nose too! It doesnt seem to bother her though. She also gets runny eyes. I think its allergies!

[MENTION=701]Maximus[/MENTION]

It surely is here too. I try NOT to give the dogs benedryl unless abso-freeking-lootly necessary. Yesterday, Bo's eyes were puffy, red and watery. He had a few spots on his tummy; typical of what happens with a long romp in the grass/eating grass. Bea even had a few hives on her tummy too. He's 75 lbs. I gave him two Benedryl and the difference was remarkable. I don't think I've been giving him enough because I hate giving it to him to begin with! I know. I know. It's 25 mgs per 25 lbs or something - but I'm a weenie. ha ha Never again. Lesson learned. Give enough of the medication so it does the job! Bad mama! Bea is 42 lbs and a sensitive, little fire plug of a flower; so she does fine with one.

I think I'm gonna try Zyrtec with him next. My bestest ENB buddy [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] swears by it and by golly, she's never given me bad advice yet!

OP
Maximus

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I started Maximus on ZYRTEC. So far, so good. The runny nose has stopped. So has the watery eyes. I'm going to keep him on the Zyrtec for a week and see how he does on it.......but I'm liking the results so far.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I started Maximus on ZYRTEC. So far, so good. The runny nose has stopped. So has the watery eyes. I'm going to keep him on the Zyrtec for a week and see how he does on it.......but I'm liking the results so far.

GREAT news!!!! :) :) :)

redhed

Jun 22, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sancho
How much Zyrtec are you giving? Sancho has had a runny nose (clear and watery) for the last week or so and it is bothering him.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.