Audrey's "Poop-Date"

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
So an update on the poop situation. This past Monday it was 3 weeks that Audrey's stools have been abnormal. They are no longer the outright diarrhea that they were in the beginning, but they still are not back to what they should be (currently looks like Cow patties). Last update we had tried mixing in some kibble with oatmeal (Acana Singles: Duck and Bartlett Pear) into her current kibble (Acana Grasslands). This didn't make things any worse, but it didnt help at all either. So off to the vet we went....again. Audrey is now on a 5 day course of Metronidozale (Flagyl). The vet also put her on a GI support supplement called Gastroplex. It has things like Slippery Elm, L-Glutamine, and more in it to help with her GI symptoms. We have also switched Audrey (temporarily) to canned Hills I/D. I died inside a little when we put her on it, but no other food has helped. So I am hoping that between the Metronidazole, Gastroplex, Probiotic, and I/D that she will get back to normal poops. Then we can wean her back onto her normal food and the start her on her mange meds and antibiotics. I REALLY hope this helps. If this doesn't then we will have to shell out $200 for a special stool test that will check for bacteria (salmonella, E. Coli, etc) or protozoa (Giardia, Coccidia). We (her Vet and us) are at a loss as to why she is having abnormal poop. Vet doesn't think its her kibble because she has been on it for the last 6 months and done totally fine. Both stool samples we recently submitted tested negative for parasites. So who knows. Just hoping this helps.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hugs, prayers and positive thoughts for some answers

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I so hope sweet Audrey is going to be fine soon! Healing thoughts coming from this way!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh I so hope you can figure this out. How worried and stressed you must be. And please..don't worry about the ID..we had a Dobie that ate this exclusively the last few years of her life. And she lived to be 15 years old..a grnd age for a 115 lb Dobie! We do what we must! :yes:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Oh I so hope you can figure this out. How worried and stressed you must be. And please..don't worry about the ID..we had a Dobie that ate this exclusively the last few years of her life. And she lived to be 15 years old..a grnd age for a 115 lb Dobie! We do what we must! :yes:

Exactly. If that's the food that works for her -- that's the food that works for her. We all want Audrey to heal and THRIVE! Thinking good, good thoughts for sweet Audrey, you and your family. The dedication you've shown for her welfare and health is a testament to how we all feel about our precious pups.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I do hope this helps her too! No it is a bad food but in the end you must get this sorted, it is so important! Keep us posted!

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
I so hope that this latest course helps heal her insides....life is so much better when our doggies poops are normal!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I hope this all works for her. She is so incredibly lucky to have you in her corner. I've read reviews of Gastriplex, sounds like good stuff.

OP
Audrey Hepbull

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
Thanks everyone. It's been so frustrating dealing with the poop situation because we never planned on this even being a problem. :( She has enough problems as is. We really didn't need to add on this poop problem.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.