Innie Tail

wendyh

May 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Snooki
Hi. I am new to this site. I have an 18 month old female bully (Snooki). She has a tail that goes inward. I try to clean it with Qtips and neosporin. But it hurts her when I do this. The vet has suggested that we remove her inward cokscrew, I dont want to. Any suggestions for cleaning and helping her?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:welcome: to you both! :hmm: Did Snooki get her name from Jersey Shore :lol: Glad you joined us! This is a great site to have all your questions answered~

OP
W

wendyh

May 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Snooki
Yes we live at the Jersey Shore. Her name when we got her was cookie didnt quite like it so we changed it to Snooki and it stuck

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Yes we live at the Jersey Shore. Her name when we got her was cookie didnt quite like it so we changed it to Snooki and it stuck

Oh cool! I am in North Jersey! What vet are you using? Have you gotten a second opinion? Is there an infection? WHen I clean Brutus's bum you would think I was putting fire on him! No infection and no issues there he is just a big baby! :lol:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
once you get it cleaned out, try putting some
Desitine in there. That'll take the heat off.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
My Samson has an inverted tail as well. It was discovered when he was ~ 8 months old, the vet told me how to clean it and said if we ever had any issues with infections it may be necessary to amputate. Now he is 6 years old and we have never had any issues, keeping it clean seems to have prevented any issues. I use unscented baby wipes followed up with mal-a-ket wipes a couple times a week. I use neo-predef powder for his facial wrinkles but the vet said its a great product for tail pockets as well, I have yet to use it on his tail pocket but because of how great it works on his wrinkles I can imagine it would work well there too.

Members online

No members online now.