JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Emma's lower lip is really dry cracked, just like ours would get. She's always had a white line there and but now it's actually split. :confused: Can't say I've ever seen a dog get a dry lip. Her lower teeth are pretty crooked (like she has a double row). We call her shark tooth. I'm wondering if it's related at all? She goes to the vet for a recheck on her teeth on the 9th. Just never seen a split lip on a dog before. Oh I'm keeping vaseline and snout soother on it right now.

EDIT: Additional pics
d3c668a3.jpg

3c94fb3f.jpg

c60b1f33.jpg

Last edited:

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Aww Emma bean! Kisses to my girl. Hope it's an easy fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Ouchie ... I've never come across this before so I am no help at all. I wonder if she split it chewing on something or playing rough with the boys???

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ouchie ... I've never come across this before so I am no help at all. I wonder if she split it chewing on something or playing rough with the boys???
I don't think so. She's had a white line for quite some time now and two marks on the inner lip that look like their teeth marks from her of course. Could be the nylas?

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I added two more pics. You can see the two cracks on the inner lip, has to be from her teeth I'm thinking?

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
BabyGirl has split her lower lip and she has a white scar. Probably from wrestling with Louie (he plays too rough).
9c476d1b.jpg

Last edited:
OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BabyGirl has split her lower lip and she has a white scar. Probably from wrestling with Louie (he plays too rough).
She does play rough, especially with her man Jack. I wonder if because her lower teeth look like shark teeth if when she's playing the lower lip presses against the teeth. That could be it. It just cracked this weekend too.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Awwww little baby girl.... I think snout soother will help!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We should do a theme for Rabbit Teeth. :ROFL: I figured the inner splits were from her teeth. @acarabia

Vicky, I'll try neosporin too and see how that works. [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION]

I'll report back after her vet visit.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nitsxhke had this too... never was dry but he had the little split in the middle of his lip

Most Reactions