Bulldog Choking/Asphyxiation symptoms??

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
My miila had that surgery when she got spayed and it was easy on her. I think somewhere around 300 bucks or so. Glad you're baby is alright, that is a huge relief I know.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
Infinite1

Infinite1

May 4, 2012
Houston, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
Watson had the surgery at 5 months. Honestly if he is choking every so often you should strongly consider having it done. Also don't let him eat unsupervised.

Yeah i'm definitely going to have it done. I hear you on not letting him eat unsupervised. When I watch him I have to tell him to slow down b/c he's like a Dyson vacuum even with his slow-feeding bowl. I've come to know that bulldogs don't chew...they inhale...HAHA

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
So glad you found out what it is, that can get very scary. There's info on this site about the Heimlich and also resuscitation. Hope we never have to use it, but good to know how to react and quickly.

OP
Infinite1

Infinite1

May 4, 2012
Houston, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
Hi All,

Sorry it's been a while been doing a lot of work travel and things finally slowed down for now. Just an update on Spike we were able to have surgery on his eyes, nose and throat to alleviate his breathing and overheating issues. It's been about 10 days since his surgery and all is well. He's breathing much better and not overheating as quickly. The hair is out of his eyes and not scratching his cornea. The choking (which is what the thread was about lol) has stopped...he does seem to have something stuck in his throat so but we'll see on Monday what that's all about when we go to take his stitches out. (what's left of them at least since half of them were either licked off or by rubbing his face in his bed...haha)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi All,

Sorry it's been a while been doing a lot of work travel and things finally slowed down for now. Just an update on Spike we were able to have surgery on his eyes, nose and throat to alleviate his breathing and overheating issues. It's been about 10 days since his surgery and all is well. He's breathing much better and not overheating as quickly. The hair is out of his eyes and not scratching his cornea. The choking (which is what the thread was about lol) has stopped...he does seem to have something stuck in his throat so but we'll see on Monday what that's all about when we go to take his stitches out. (what's left of them at least since half of them were either licked off or by rubbing his face in his bed...haha)

So good to hear he is coming along..... hopefully the issue in his throat is just the stiches.

Keep us posted..... hugs to you and spike

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.