Duke up all night sick? question about fluids

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
oh guys now I am in tears.. husband called he can't keep water down and is throwing up again.. called vet they want us to bring him in.. they are afraid of him dehydrating..he won't lay down he is so uncomfortable.. i will update later :(

I hope it nothing but a upset tummy! I know how worried you must be...

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Oh no!! Poor Duke!! :cry: I hope nothing is too seriously wrong!!! Matilda is sending smooshy faced kisses to Duke.!! :heart:

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
I would take him to the vet ! Gunny had these signs with the bloat and its nothing to take lightly, better safe than sorry.

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I would take him to the vet ! Gunny had these signs with the bloat and its nothing to take lightly, better safe than sorry.

I agree he is there now.. myhusband just called they are waiting to see the doctor. they want to do blood test because he has had this before.

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
ok all ok! thank God.. they gave him a shot! heart good , breathing excellent. said he was dehydrated and to keep him out of heat. has to eat bland diet for two to three days .. if he gets sick after the shot we have to take him back. :) thanks for all of your well wishes!
his blood sugar a little high ( blood work ) but they think it was because he was dehydrated and upset.. they are going to recheck in two weeks. :tongue:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Oh soo happy nothing serious! Now you can breathe and relax :) Give Duke a big big :hug: from Brutus and Chanel....I want a squishy kiss Muah Dukie

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
thanks everyone.. I am glad we took him $ 354.00 later! gotta love them!!!! just so grateful he is ok and much more comfortable!!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
thanks everyone.. I am glad we took him $ 354.00 later! gotta love them!!!! just so grateful he is ok and much more comfortable!!

Oh Duke, take a rest and and go nice and slow. It's a hot one out there today. Only potty breaks for you
thank goodness he's ok

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Mommy and Duke are going to bed yes it is 7:13 pm ha ha he ate some of his bland ground beef and rice and a little water.. still seems so tired but at least he is laying down now and resting! thank you everyone!! night night!ZzzzZzzzZzzz

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Mommy and Duke are going to bed yes it is 7:13 pm ha ha he ate some of his bland ground beef and rice and a little water.. still seems so tired but at least he is laying down now and resting! thank you everyone!! night night!ZzzzZzzzZzzz

Sleep tight!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.