Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pet Insurance..?!?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Seamus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Pet Insurance..?!?

I have been very curious about health insurance as well. My husband and I are going to go with Healthy Paws since they got the best ratings out of any of the health insurances out there. Our puppy will be 12 weeks old when we get him and we are going to sign him up immediately in order to avoid the whole pre-existing conditions thing. Having pet insurance gives us peace of mind in case anything happens and there is a major surgery. I agree with the whole savings account for any vet bills, but what happens if you are only putting away $20 every other week and something major happens in the first 6 months? Definitely won't have enough saved up by then.

Thoughts anybody about Healthy Paws and purchasing it immediately when the puppy is little?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sullivan (my angel), Hank, and Ted
    Likes (Received)

Healthy paws for Hank was $61.23 with a 90% reimbursement and a $100 deductible. I think that would be ok but their list of exclusions on their sample policy was too long for me. This was one of the better quotes I got. Healthy paws also Had pretty good reviews.

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunner
    Likes (Received)

In the past I thought about Pet insurance, but didn't get around to it. When I bought my BullDog, I read so many stories of surgeries and such. Basically it wasn't if they had surgery, it was when and I was concerned. I choose PetPlan because I checked out 5 others and I found that Pet Plan was reachable by phone for my crazy zany questions and I could adjust the deductible and such. I have a little bit of peace of mind with this plan and hopefully it's a waste of 700 a year, but to be safe wouldn't own a bully without it.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

We had Trupanion for a year with Maggie ... all was fantastic for the first year ... I paid about $50 a month with zero deductible.

Fast forward one year ... they all of a sudden doubled the premium. To get the monthly payment down to about $64 a month I would have to pay a $450 deductible to not include vet visits.

No insurance company will pay out on anything that is pre-existing conditions so take that into account too.

Now lets get down to the nitty gritty ... your bulldog is obviously allergic to something. So what are you feeding her to start with .... lets start with the food, and then move on to environmental!!

Also, please check out this thread which is making a lot of members very happy!!
    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...t-results.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads