Slow-Feed Bowl: Is it ideal for the large head/mouth of an EB?

Carlisle Bully

May 28, 2012
Overland Park, KS
Bulldog(s) Names
Carlisle
Hello, I just joined this site since I am once again the owner of an EB : ). Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone has tried a slow-feed bowl for their English Bully and if so how well did it work?

- Carlisle Bully

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
I'm using one for my eb puppy right now. She uses it fine and actually eats pretty slow. I started her out on it right when we got her so Im not sure how fast she'd be out of a normal bowl. I think I have the medium or regular size one.

May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
We used one for Oliver for a few months to slow him down - and then his face got wider and didn't fit in it anymore. It helped, however, and he now eats at a more normal pace.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I don't have one of those bowls either. But I have been thinking about getting one.

Welcome to EBN :) Did you read the forum rules? Frequent pictures are a requirement :D

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=4993]Carlisle Bully[/MENTION] :welcome: to the forum!!! :up:

I only recently got two slow feeders for my Linus and Daddy ..... I'm not sure if I would call them SLOW feeders in our case ... more like SLOWER!!! After having Maggie aspirate on food because she ate it too fast I would definitely try the slow feeders if you have one of those bullys who don't eat ... but instead inhale their food!!

OP
C

Carlisle Bully

May 28, 2012
Overland Park, KS
Bulldog(s) Names
Carlisle
Thanks for the advice everyone : ). I will most likely be getting Carlisle a slow feeder while he is still small so he can get used to eating a little slower and keep the habit through old age. Thanks for the welcome as well!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm sorry I'm late! We have a Slow Feed Ball we got from Amazon. It's heavy and porcelain ..goes the dishwasher and it has worked great for Jake.

[MENTION=4993]Carlisle Bully[/MENTION]

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
I use the heavy red kong ball in a stainless dish. We tried the bowl and was a waste as his head wouldn't fit in the grooves so it was a waste.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I use the heavy red kong ball in a stainless dish. We tried the bowl and was a waste as his head wouldn't fit in the grooves so it was a waste.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You can also try a rock -- large, heavy -- in her normal bowl. Just to test if it might work for her. The Kong Ball is a fab idea. Nice~!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online