Bre's Eye (New Pics)

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
So...3 days into antibiotic eye ointment and it isn't as goopy but definitly still turning blue and cloudy (Her eye looks goopy cause this was right after ointment application)

MemorialWeekend2012005.jpg

She still has her follow up vet visit this week and early stage glaucoma and allergies were discussed as possible issues(I personally am leaning towards glaucoma because allergies don't cause the cloudy blue eye that I am aware of?)

Oh...and I know some of you were concerned about her 9lb weight loss and I have been examining her and I think she must have been overweight. Here is a photo of her from above and I can't see ribs or anything...she looks alright doesn't she? Quick someone reassure me that she's fine! LOL

MemorialWeekend2012001.jpg

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw poor bre i sure hope her eye gets better. aw lets us know what the vet says this week. prayers for it to be nothing serious. :pray:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor bre and Mama..... prayers and positive thoughts for Bre. She does look good... if you can get a picture from that angle with her standing up

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
From that angle, she looks fine.

On a slightly stranger note, I was looking at the picture of her eye when my son came up behind me. He asked what was wrong with it. I said that they think its early glaucoma. He says "does that mean she can smoke pot now?

:ROFL: The things kids say!!

linda4568

Aug 7, 2010
Eagle River, Ak
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, Biggy, Pickles, Deebo, Hoss
Hello~ Is there any way she could have pocked it or there could be something in her eye like some sand or something. My girl Cleopatra has this problem all the time and a couple of times she has scratched her eye somehow. She also has gotten dirt and sand from playing with other bullies and her ointment usually takes about a week for it to work. Hope this helps a little.:idea:

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
It could be glaucoma or an ulcer; her weight seems ok to me just weigh her weekly she shouldnt lose more now that she is at her goal weight! I love Miss bre! I would probably do a cbc just to be sure :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Awww Come on Mama.... we can't tell from one little pic!!!! get her standing straight ..... from lots of angles.. LOL I really can't tell with her laying down. I hope her eye clears up soon :(

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Ill make her walk around for a photo shoot after work today! Lol I guess laying down does make her pudge out a little so it's hard to tell. Even standing there are no visible ribs though so that is good right? :)They did do a stain of her eyes when we were there last week and they said there are no ulcers or scratches on her eye surface. Plus all she does is follow me around and sleep...if she were more active or played with the other dogs then I would say a foreign object in her eye would be a good guess. I will definitely ask about blood work when we are at the vet for the follow up. Thanks for the info and advice guys! Look for even more updated pics as requested later! :)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Did the vet say anything about the weight when you were in for the eye?

I think some of our bullies tend to be on the heavier side -- or rather, LOOK so. Bea is shaped - truly - like a cinder block with legs and I am VERY careful with what/how/much she eats. I do this because being overweight could present it's own set of issues; ones I'd rather avoid, if possible. But I'm used to her frame and "look" so Bo looks downright athletic to me. It's hard to tell really. What did the vet say, [MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION]?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agreed it can take a week for the eye ointment to work. The more often you put it in the better.

From the pic laying down I don't think she looks too skinny, but I do see lots of loose skin and I do think she may be a tad underweight. Especially with her limited activity. With the behavior you are describing to be honest I would be concerned. Is she eating better now? I wonder if giving her puppy food may put a bit of weight on....?

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
The vet didn't say anything about her weight. The vet tech told Bre good job with loosing the weight? She gets the eye ointment twice a day till the followup. And no she isn't eating any better, just the same as she has been. Eats a few bites at first then finishes the rest at her bedtime (a few hours later).

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Okay...there is only one standing up picture because she was being a stinker and didn't want to stand once she figured out we weren't going anywhere! Hopefully you guys can check these out and weigh in on how she looks weight wise. Thanks! [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION] [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION]

(Please ignore the dirty patio floor...constant parade of kids and dogs with muddy feet through there! :))

002-4.jpg

006-4.jpg

004-6.jpg

003-1.jpg

001-2.jpg

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
SHe doesn't look fat to me... or underweight. Not from those pix at least. Has she always been kind of a slow eater? That may be of some concern to me but I really don't know.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I agree with [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] she does not look fat or underweight, she could probably stand to gain 1 pound, but now if I were you I would just watch to make sure she does not lose anymore. For now, she looks just fine. Now that you are aware of it you can pay attention to it. The first and second pics she looks good, the third through fifth make me think she could gain a pound.

Now you are with her all the time and pictures can be deceiving, so if she looks more like #1 and #2 the most I think she is good. :up:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I agree with @BruceP she does not look fat or underweight, she could probably stand to gain 1 pound, but now if I were you I would just watch to make sure she does not lose anymore. For now, she looks just fine. Now that you are aware of it you can pay attention to it. The first and second pics she looks good, the third through fifth make me think she could gain a pound.

Now you are with her all the time and pictures can be deceiving, so if she looks more like #1 and #2 the most I think she is good. :up:

Totally agree with Lisa....

Most Reactions

Members online