does anyone know what condition this is?

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Haily knee picture.jpg

this puppy is only 12 weeks old and was offered to me, but I don't know anything about this. She called it 'over the knee' and she said she doesn't seem bothered by it and it isn't causing pain. Any advice would be helpful.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I think it's a term used for horses? I'm going to check around a little.

A while back maybe two weeks ago, I seen on a rescue site they had a pup with a condition that looked similar, but on the hind legs I believe.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'd there any way you can email Dr Bauer (I think that is your regular vet right?) with the picture to find out what possibilities you can expect if corrective surgery is needed? She may be able to give you some insight. The ones I have seen in rescue that look similar always had corrective surgery done. 4 bulldogs huh? Better watch out you are going to be just like us soon!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

:blink: US !!!
I'd don't remember what I did before all this? tehe

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I wonder if it could be Luxating Patella ? never seen one in the front though????

Kassie

May 15, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus McGee
A friends poodle had this on both legs. It was so bad the poor dog literally walked on the curved nub things (his paws were totally useless :() It was super sad to see, but the dog was active and only sometimes seemed to be in pain. BUT he wasn't a 60+lb top heavy bulldog he was a little ankle biter, so he didn't have a whole lot of weight to lug around. They never tried to repair it, so that much I can't help you with. Good luck

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I wonder if it could be Luxating Patella ? never seen one in the front though????

someone else thought that it could be chondrodysplasia. I did post the picture on my vet clinics fb page and hopefully Dr. Bauer will get in touch with me tuesday or wednesday. I have other pictures of her and she is adorable,but I just don't want any more "problem" children. I may not be able to resist her though

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I believe what the puppy has is called "knuckling Over" and is more common in long legged dogs than in short like the EB. I seem to have a dog with a lot of issues that are posted on the forum ( no eye issues thank goodness) Dublin has some knuckling over in both of her front legs. She was fine when I picked her up from the breeder but I noticed it about a month to six weeks later. Thought I was imagining at first but when I took her to the vet he told me it was Knuckling Over. ( add that to all of her other issues :-) ) Seems the ligaments grow slower than the bone and the bone is so soft at that age so the bone doesn't grow straight. Diet can be a component but Dublin was on an excellent diet. Vet said there was nothing that could be done. She is not in pain, and coming up to her 2nd birthday it is much better. I will see if I still have the photos that I sent to the breeder and post them. you can't really tell anything from the photos I have up now. Here is a link describing "knuckling over" http://www.greatdanelady.com/articles/knuckling_over.htm Dublin is still a beauty in my eyes and no one even notices it now but me.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
IF you go to my profile and scroll down to the Album " Dubbie in the Captain's chair" you will be able to see in at least one of the pics how it has affected her left leg but it is sooooo much better than before. A good diet and massaging is all I have done but it really helps

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I have no idea what that is but I know that not all of these "abnormalities" require surgery. Sometimes just diet, exercise and love is all they need to live happy, full lives. :)

TonySabo

Jun 26, 2014
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I know this post is really old but I thought I would ask.I was looking at adopting an 11 week old puppy with kind of similar front leg. I was just wondering if you ever figured out what it was? The person with the puppy was telling me it was called knuckling over but without any vet info I really just can't take his word for it. Th pup walks and runs without any pain that I can tell just a limp and the paw drags. any info would help because My fiancé and two little boys fell in love with him. Here is a video I uploaded I took it to show my kids back home. Thank you!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NN-VA6gDqoc

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
You will see from my previous posts that our Dubbie had it. She is now 4 and you would never even notice it and she has had no side effects. Love, a healthy diet and a great family is what the puppy needs :-)

TonySabo

Jun 26, 2014
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
What type of food do you recommend? How frequently and how much do you feed a puppy he's 11 weeks.

Thanks for the info.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Many here have great success with Fromm puppy, but what do you recommend Ann? [MENTION=4786]Dubbiedog[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.