Oh man...look at this

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
maybe check to see what he is putting his face in outside also. sarah was having an awful problem with hives and broken out belly and her face breaking out everytime it rained. im like geez she cant get like this with every rain. so i watched her outside. she was going pp and sticking her face in all the leaves that had gathered around the deck of the house. of course she is allergic to several molds per her test so i removed the leaves and she is all but cured of her problem. oh she gets the occasional hive here and there but not like before and her belly doesnt break out nor her face. so maybe a check when of the outside to for allergens. just a thought oh and i dont know what anti histamine the vet put him on but ive found that for sarah zyrtec works better than benadryl on these types of allergies. just throwing that out there for whoever maybe reading this.

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
Ouch. Have you found out exactly what he's allergic to?

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Perhaps you can try wiping the muzzle after eating, and yes plastic is bad, ceramic or stainless only, clean well with hot soapy water between each feeding. Also towel drying after a drink helps.
I agree with the above and we give duke zrtec also.... We wipe duke with a soft towel after he eats and drinks keeping dry will help.... Our bullies sure keep us busy:lmao:

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Oh boy....it does seem as this allergy season is going to be a hum-dinger....hope you find something to ease that babies poor red face......we are big on wiping down everything face, body, feet with a damp microfiber cloth every time we come in from outside

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Poor baby.. this is just a horrible year for allergies. Not getting any better. Watching Dublin constantly. Her bout of hives were sooo bad and she is always on the "verge" On Benydrly but going to ask my vet about Zyrtec... Hope they clear up soon and yes, of course they have to stick their faces into the grass and anything that grows :-)

OP
Tobs31

Tobs31

May 16, 2012
Boca Raton, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Sullivan (my angel), Hank, and Ted
I definitely think I am going to have to get Hank allergy tested. The vet gave him an antihistamine and I am constantly drying him off and wiping his feet every time he comes in from outside.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.